amontilladowo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Speaking of withdrawing from uni, as I understand it the 'overpayments' are calculated based on how much you are entitled to based on the last day you were considered a student.

How does this work? As I'm in my final year, will that be the last day of term/class or after the final deadline? I want to be able to calculate how much I will need to repay should withdrawal be my only option. For reference, I received the full amount for my maintenance loan outside of London.

Any advice would be appreciated!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amontilladowo)
Speaking of withdrawing from uni, as I understand it the 'overpayments' are calculated based on how much you are entitled to based on the last day you were considered a student.

How does this work? As I'm in my final year, will that be the last day of term/class or after the final deadline? I want to be able to calculate how much I will need to repay should withdrawal be my only option. For reference, I received the full amount for my maintenance loan outside of London.

Any advice would be appreciated!
It’s the date that your university tell SFE you withdraw. Have a chat to your student records/registry team to ask them how they determine your end date.
amontilladowo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PQ)
It’s the date that your university tell SFE you withdraw. Have a chat to your student records/registry team to ask them how they determine your end date.
Thank you for your answer and apologies, I think I was unclear. What I mean to say is that I know that the calculation is made by comparing the day you stop being a student (withdrawal date) to the end of the period the loan was supposed to cover. What I'm asking is how the second date is determined, especially in the final year.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by amontilladowo)
Thank you for your answer and apologies, I think I was unclear. What I mean to say is that I know that the calculation is made by comparing the day you stop being a student (withdrawal date) to the end of the period the loan was supposed to cover. What I'm asking is how the second date is determined, especially in the final year.
Iirr the final day of the course will be based on your course term dates (again something your university provides to SFE)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (79)
27.15%
England (98)
33.68%
Belgium (25)
8.59%
Germany (37)
12.71%
Spain (5)
1.72%