The Student Room Group

Is this bad or not?

So I bought a bunch of junk food (£50 worth basically) and I didn't eat much of it. However I feel as if I shouldn't eat it so just threw it all away without my parent knowing..I want to be on a 1000 calories a day so I threw it all in the bin and I'm happy the food is gone but also mad because I've just wasted a lot of money ....idk
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
And were you sleeping when you bought £50 worth of junk food but only want to eat 1000 calories. What could have possibly persuaded you to think that was a good idea
Original post by Ten-Ten
And were you sleeping when you bought £50 worth of junk food but only want to eat 1000 calories. What could have possibly persuaded you to think that was a good idea

No I wasn't, it was a one off and really I don't remember why I did it nor do I remember much of that day. I'm thinking it was off a Christmas high.
you could have fed an African village for a week.
Original post by the bear
you could have fed an African village for a week.

Yeah I know, that money could of been better spent if I wasn't stupid. Though it was mainly junk like sweets and chocolate
Original post by mischievousnoir
So I bought a bunch of junk food (£50 worth basically) and I didn't eat much of it. However I feel as if I shouldn't eat it so just threw it all away without my parent knowing..I want to be on a 1000 calories a day so I threw it all in the bin and I'm happy the food is gone but also mad because I've just wasted a lot of money ....idk

And you didn’t think of giving it to me?
Original post by CaptainDuckie
And you didn’t think of giving it to me

I mean there's a lindt chocolate Easter egg left and some haribos?
1000 calories a day is not enough to keep a human body healthy. You should have more than that. It’s better to nourish your body and give it what it needs rather than try to restrict the number of calories you eat.
Reply 8

Could you not have given it to a local food bank for them to give to people in need?
I mean there's a lindt chocolate Easter egg left and some haribos?

Send them.
Original post by Kerzen
Could you not have given it to a local food bank for them to give to people in need?

I don't know how to do that without my parents knowing otherwise I would have donated most of it...I'll try and donate the last few things..
I don't know how to do that without my parents knowing otherwise I would have donated most of it...I'll try and donate the last few things..

How did you buy £50 worth of junk food without them knowing?
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
1000 calories a day is not enough to keep a human body healthy. You should have more than that. It’s better to nourish your body and give it what it needs rather than try to restrict the number of calories you eat.

The thing is I don't feel hungry much anymore. I have dinner and I'm full for the rest of the day, which is good because I need to lose weight. Been on 1200 calories a day for a few months now and feel pretty okay so
Original post by PhoenixRose338
How did you buy £50 worth of junk food without them knowing?

Since it's my own money I think. I don't really know how I got away with it, they were there when I was buying it too lols.
The thing is I don't feel hungry much anymore. I have dinner and I'm full for the rest of the day, which is good because I need to lose weight. Been on 1200 calories a day for a few months now and feel pretty okay so

Because you mention your parents and how you wouldn't want them to find out, I'm assuming you're quite young and perhaps still growing. Regardless, you still need enough food to survive!

so you can buy things in a shop without your parents knowing but not take them back?!

To add: I've read that eating a very small amount (like only 1000 calories) actually causes you to hold on to weight and makes it harder to lose it as the body goes into 'starvation mode'. Don't you think it would be better if you ate slightly less than what you usually eat and do some more exercise instead?
Reply 17
Sharing is caring

Food is fuel! 1000 calories a day is really unsustainable :frown: Wishing you all the best x
Original post by Anonymous
To add: I've read that eating a very small amount (like only 1000 calories) actually causes you to hold on to weight and makes it harder to lose it as the body goes into 'starvation mode'. Don't you think it would be better if you ate slightly less than what you usually eat and do some more exercise instead?

I don't actually remember what I used to eat as I started dieting back in January-february. But I know I did try lessening what I ate back then but it didn't work hence why Ive been doing 1200 calories a day...I don't have a lot of space to exercise but I do go on daily walks now

Quick Reply

Latest