The Student Room Group

GCSE chemistry , why does everyone hate it ?

I love chemistry, but everyone I talk to hates it so much. I just don't get why. Like i understand some just don't like it but in my school, there is a genuine and deep hatred for it I'm like oh. Every time I tell someone I'm taking it next year they are like 'WHATTTT'.
Anyways, is this the same everywhere or just in my school?
Original post by tHatconfusedONe
I love chemistry, but everyone I talk to hates it so much. I just don't get why. Like i understand some just don't like it but in my school, there is a genuine and deep hatred for it I'm like oh. Every time I tell someone I'm taking it next year they are like 'WHATTTT'.
Anyways, is this the same everywhere or just in my school?

It can get hard like the quantitive chem and organic chem

but I dont hate it Imn pretty good acc I hat bio
No Chem is the best science by far for me. Much easier to understand it, and I can do well in exams with hardly any revision.
Original post by cleveranimal56
No Chem is the best science by far for me. Much easier to understand it, and I can do well in exams with hardly any revision.

same , well i didnt do too well on my last paper 1 , but if the mark scheme is nice i get a high 8/9
Biology bores me to death. Its the ecology and stuff which i despise with a passion. I find physics very enjoyable but maybe thats because my teacher is the legit best of the best.
Original post by the_pharaoh
It can get hard like the quantitive chem and organic chem

but I dont hate it Imn pretty good acc I hat bio

Honestly, i find them easier and the resource management and topic 1 the hardest but hey thats just me :smile:
Original post by tHatconfusedONe
Honestly, i find them easier and the resource management and topic 1 the hardest but hey thats just me :smile:

As u said that's u

I find physics and maths easy u got all these GCSE students crying cuz they cant do it and getting 5's and 6's
I can't speak for GCSE Chemistry and whatnot, since I did the Scottish ones, but Chemistry is one of my favourites. It all just makes a lot of sense to me and I can do it well.
At my school I think most people just regard it as quite hard, although there's still a fare amount of people that take it. In fact, I'd say it might be the most taken science due to the fact that people kinda see it as a middle ground between Biology and Physics.

Quick Reply

Latest