echojulietsierra
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Please help...
How do I structure/answer a D style question? It is due for my RE class on the 17th May.

(d) ‘Abortion is always wrong.’

Evaluate this statement considering arguments for and against.
-Refer to Catholic teachings
-Refer to non – religious points of view
-Reach a justified conclusion
tsinkinson
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hi
x_cait13_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi I did RE GCSE and I got an A* and predicted an A at A level RS. The structure I used for the 15 mark question helped me get full marks.

1. I suggest you start off with what the question is asking from you so it is stating abortion is always wrong, you are going to start on that point. Some will agree that abortion is always wrong....
2. With Catholic teachings, mention about God is the only one who can take away life, the bible says be fruitful and multiply, human life is sacred and begins at conception. Every human being, including an embryo or fetus, has the right to live and to reach their potential. There are alternatives to abortion, eg adoption. The unborn child is denied choice. Abortion destroys human life and makes life appear cheap and disposable. This affects the quality and value of life. People born with disabilities can live full and happy lives.
3. Non religious point of view against abortion is killing an innocent human being is wrong, it is wrong to destroy potential human life, causes pain and suffering, reduces society's respect for life to allow killings.
4. Arguments for abortions A woman has the right to choose whether or not she wants to have the baby. It is her body. In the case of rape, it would be lacking in compassion to deny a woman the right to an abortion. The pregnant woman's health and welfare are more important than that of the embryo or fetus. The quality of life of the unborn child or the woman's existing children could be adversely affected by the birth. Stopping legal abortions would mean a return to 'back street' abortions, causing a great deal of suffering to the health and wellbeing of the woman. Abortion could therefore be the lesser of two evils.
5. Conclusion would be whether you agree with it and give a little explanation referring to some of the content mentioned.
echojulietsierra
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by x_cait13_x)
Hi I did RE GCSE and I got an A* and predicted an A at A level RS. The structure I used for the 15 mark question helped me get full marks.

1. I suggest you start off with what the question is asking from you so it is stating abortion is always wrong, you are going to start on that point. Some will agree that abortion is always wrong....
2. With Catholic teachings, mention about God is the only one who can take away life, the bible says be fruitful and multiply, human life is sacred and begins at conception. Every human being, including an embryo or fetus, has the right to live and to reach their potential. There are alternatives to abortion, eg adoption. The unborn child is denied choice. Abortion destroys human life and makes life appear cheap and disposable. This affects the quality and value of life. People born with disabilities can live full and happy lives.
3. Non religious point of view against abortion is killing an innocent human being is wrong, it is wrong to destroy potential human life, causes pain and suffering, reduces society's respect for life to allow killings.
4. Arguments for abortions A woman has the right to choose whether or not she wants to have the baby. It is her body. In the case of rape, it would be lacking in compassion to deny a woman the right to an abortion. The pregnant woman's health and welfare are more important than that of the embryo or fetus. The quality of life of the unborn child or the woman's existing children could be adversely affected by the birth. Stopping legal abortions would mean a return to 'back street' abortions, causing a great deal of suffering to the health and wellbeing of the woman. Abortion could therefore be the lesser of two evils.
5. Conclusion would be whether you agree with it and give a little explanation referring to some of the content mentioned.
thank you! so helpful
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
may I ask what exam board you do for re?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads