The Student Room Group

my friends think i’m so stupid

i had an argument with my bf and i stupidly said that we should split up. my friends called shortly after and i naturally poured out everything and i stated how we’ve split up. My friends then came out with a bunch of reasons it’s good i split with them from little arguments i’ve told them about that has happened between me and my bf over the past 3 years. They told me it would be stupid to get back with him.... This came as a huge shock because my boyfriend is very romantic, loving and kind.

A few hours later i realised how much i messed up here, i shoulve never got my friends involved in this quarrel with my bf. He’s actually one of the most amazing people i’ve ever met - we do argue to time but i wouldn’t say we should split at all . My friends don’t see our arguments or relationship objectively - just what i tell them. Also they’ve never been in long term relationships so i don’t think they truly know what it takes to be in a long term relationship.

My and my bf have made up and i feel so judged. Their entire view of my relationship is shattered and i feel like we are no longer ‘couple goals’ .
I am never going to share my personal arguments with my friends as it does no good. But how do i get them to like my relationship again
Reply 1
Your relationship with your boyfriend is for you and him to enjoy, not your friends. Imo they are just being toxic and jealous.
Are they friends with your bf or not? Perhaps this is where the issue lies; Friends that don’t know your SO well will feel like they are having their time with you taken away, and will view the relationship negatively.
Reply 2
Original post by JGLM
Your relationship with your boyfriend is for you and him to enjoy, not your friends. Imo they are just being toxic and jealous.
Are they friends with your bf or not? Perhaps this is where the issue lies; Friends that don’t know your SO well will feel like they are having their time with you taken away, and will view the relationship negatively.

yes they know him but don’t see him often. the thing is they are good friends, i just think they are fiercely loyal. I just feel so awkward and because of my anxiety i’m second guessing myself. But when i talk to my boyfriend i enjoy is presence and love him dearly , so i know i don’t want to break up:frown: i feel so lost
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
yes they know him but don’t see him often. the thing is they are good friends, i just think they are fiercely loyal. I just feel so awkward and because of my anxiety i’m second guessing myself. But when i talk to my boyfriend i enjoy is presence and love him dearly , so i know i don’t want to break up:frown: i feel so lost

You evidently want to be with him. It’s in no one’s place to have you break up with him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending