The Student Room Group

Firm uni choice

I’m currently trying to make a decision on my firm uni for September 2021. I’ve gotten it down to Leeds and NTU, but am having a hard time choosing which would be best. I’m a very anxious person so throwing myself into a city like Leeds if very scary as I’ve grown up in Nottingham and am not particularly into the nightlife, however I also don’t want to turn down the opportunity to go to a good uni (Leeds is higher up tables than Nottingham trent). I know I’ll be encouraged to firm Leeds and use ntu as a backup however if I don’t firm ntu I won’t get any accommodation or at least anything of choice, which isn’t good if I miss the ABB for Leeds. I’ve asked for advice from my parents and either want to sway me so another opinion would be useful! Thanks!
Original post by charlotte.c3
I’m currently trying to make a decision on my firm uni for September 2021. I’ve gotten it down to Leeds and NTU, but am having a hard time choosing which would be best. I’m a very anxious person so throwing myself into a city like Leeds if very scary as I’ve grown up in Nottingham and am not particularly into the nightlife, however I also don’t want to turn down the opportunity to go to a good uni (Leeds is higher up tables than Nottingham trent). I know I’ll be encouraged to firm Leeds and use ntu as a backup however if I don’t firm ntu I won’t get any accommodation or at least anything of choice, which isn’t good if I miss the ABB for Leeds. I’ve asked for advice from my parents and either want to sway me so another opinion would be useful! Thanks!

You are only person who can make this ultimate decision on which university you want to goto as nobody else can ok.

You don't necessary have to goto Leeds for nightlife scene if you not into this coming from Nottingham but you would enjoy a good night out with fellow students if you get opportunity in Leeds plus you away from home to.
Unless you staying at home with parents and commuting to NTU then stay there but like you said you don't want to turn down a good opportunity like Leeds so in that case depending on the course you are doing go with leeds .

What's your parents decision as I think they said NTU to you. ??

A university with a higher league table position doesn't always mean you won't get better education at Nottingham who are lower ranked. It is how your course is taught is the thing...!!!
If you live in Nottingham then surely you don’t need guaranteed accommodation. NTU as your insurance would be fine - you’d have the option to live at home and the flexibility to take over any rooms that become available around the start of the course at short notice if other students leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending