The Student Room Group

I have messy notes. Is it possible to revise without them?

I have ADHD, and so I barely pay attention let alone take notes. When I have, they have been poor, scribbled over and some thrown in the bin.

I’ve now realised I have mocks soon, and I know my notes will never improve. I already have CGP books, but I’ve heard they aren’t detailed enough if I’m aiming for high grades (which I am). Does anyone have any revision sources they use that are detailed? Any websites or alternative sources of information besides notes?
Is there anyone you're friendly with that you could ask to send you theirs?
Original post by LilianaEverall
I have ADHD, and so I barely pay attention let alone take notes. When I have, they have been poor, scribbled over and some thrown in the bin.

I’ve now realised I have mocks soon, and I know my notes will never improve. I already have CGP books, but I’ve heard they aren’t detailed enough if I’m aiming for high grades (which I am). Does anyone have any revision sources they use that are detailed? Any websites or alternative sources of information besides notes?

You've probably heard this, but everyone revises differently. I've never actually used my notes to revise and I've consistently achieved high grades. I use flashcards to revise things I need to memorise, and I do practice questions for generally everything. Knowing only the bare basics about ADHD, I don't recommend using notes to revise anyway as you might not be able to concentrate actually reading and writing them. I like to get my sister to test me with my flashcards because that helps me concentrate.
By the way, for maths (and further maths if you're doing it), definitely do practice questions. Past papers are great for maths revision.
Perhaps you could make a revision exercise out of tidying up your notes maybe? Decipher what you can of them to use as a starting point, even just to get a rough topic, create mind maps or posters etc of the information, fill in the blanks by looking up the missing information that you can't read. It can help you to remember better, a lot of uni students type up their notes as a way to help commit them to memory.
Original post by LilianaEverall

please just make notes on microsoft word
i have never looked at my notes for revision, its just not effective. i literally just do exam questions and if i dont understand something i watch a youtube video explaining it

Quick Reply

Latest