The Student Room Group

Can I take a level maths

Hello I’m predicted an 5 atm in year 10 but by year 11 to get an 6 or above and on past papers I average 52%
Original post by Bhhhghhgg
Hello I’m predicted an 5 atm in year 10 but by year 11 to get an 6 or above and on past papers I average 52%

no
Try getting above 7 and you should be OK.
Original post by Econowizmeister
no

Why not?
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Why not?

we had 3 people in our class with a 6 and they dropped out after the first week
we had 3 people in our class with a 6 and they dropped out after the first week

Do you think this user will benefit if they learnt grade 7,8,9 during summer holidays and read ahead on AS content beforehand?
Do you think this user will benefit if they learnt grade 7,8,9 during summer holidays and read ahead on AS content beforehand?

yea
yea

Alright.

You heard what @Econowizmeister said. Do all of that, and make sure you keep on top of homework (at AS) and you’ll be OK.
Reply 8

can you send me some resources where I can do that to do with as and grade 789.

Alright.

You heard what @Econowizmeister said. Do all of that, and make sure you keep on top of homework (at AS) and you’ll be OK.

Www.mathsgenie.co.uk
Reply 10

Thank you
Reply 11

Is that good for aqa
In my school they recommended that you get at least a 7 in gcse in order to take maths a level, but there’s no reason you won’t be able to boost your grade up!! The key to maths is practice and you’ve still got a year and a half to go! :smile:

Quick Reply