Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am trying to arrange to meet up with an acquaintance and suggested a few possible dates in a few weeks time. I suggested one date and they said that it probably wouldn’t work because other plans will most likely come up by then. I don’t know if I’m reading it wrong but it seems quite rude as surely you can make plans in advance and do not currently have any plans on that date then it’s a lame excuse. What do you think?
JGLM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like a **** to me
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why would you be offended when this person is your acquaintance
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am trying to arrange to meet up with an acquaintance and suggested a few possible dates in a few weeks time. I suggested one date and they said that it probably wouldn’t work because other plans will most likely come up by then. I don’t know if I’m reading it wrong but it seems quite rude as surely you can make plans in advance and do not currently have any plans on that date then it’s a lame excuse. What do you think?
Yeah I think it's a lame excuse. If they wanted to, they would have suggested an alternative date.

It's their loss. Don't be offended.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you should take this as a wake up call.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
not your fault
hrtpjm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are they an anxious person? maybe they're nervous to meet up? either way, it does come across rude. if not, it seems like they don't have any real interest in meeting up and i'd advise moving on from them tbh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (27)
37.5%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (6)
8.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (4)
5.56%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (22)
30.56%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (8)
11.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
6.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed