Joshwoods01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
does anyone have any books they can recommend for group theory and complex analysis? I have those modules next year and they are the ones I'm most worried about, I have all of the notes for the module but it is not explained the best, I'm really trying to aim for a first so trying to be as prepared as possible
Gregorius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joshwoods01)
does anyone have any books they can recommend for group theory and complex analysis? I have those modules next year and they are the ones I'm most worried about, I have all of the notes for the module but it is not explained the best, I'm really trying to aim for a first so trying to be as prepared as possible
For complex analysis, Priestley’s “Introduction to Complex Analysis” is pretty good. If you want something a bit out of the ordinary, Needham’s “Visual Complex Analysis” is very good, but very long, full of geometric insight.

Have you considered just searching for lecture notes online? There are many choices at all levels!
zetamcfc
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joshwoods01)
Agree with Gregorius about Priestley for complex analysis. I like Allenby's ''Rings, Fields and Groups'' which should cover most of your abstract algebra needs at UG apart from Modules.
Joshwoods01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by zetamcfc)
Agree with Gregorius about Priestley for complex analysis. I like Allenby's ''Rings, Fields and Groups'' which should cover most of your abstract algebra needs at UG apart from Modules.
That's great thank You! I'll take a look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed