How do you deal with leaving everything & everyone you've ever known behind?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm an international student who will be moving to London this Sept for university. I'm currently in Y13, finishing up my A Levels in Southeast Asia.
I was born & raised here - all my family, all my friends, they're here.
I go to an international school, so quite a handful of my friends will be going to the UK too; as such, I know that I'm not leaving everyone behind.
But the people that I have very strong emotional connections to (i.e. my parents, and my boyfriend) won't be with me - my parents will be here in Asia, while my boyfriend will be studying in Australia. How do I cope with leaving them?
JGLM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At first, make sure you regularly do video calls and things like that to keep in touch and get some interaction. London is a busy place and you’ll meet people there (i’m moving to london too in september Lol).
What are you studying? And which university?
Zobia khan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm moving to london too lol in september.... and damn dw hopefully everything will go well it will take time to adjust though and you may feel homesick
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'll be studying BSc Econ at LSE
Wbu guys?
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'll be studying BSc Econ at LSE
Wbu guys?
Electronics MEng at Imperial. Damn you must be good to get into LSE, I know some really good people who didn’t get in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.49%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.05%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (74)
21.26%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.77%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.75%

Watched Threads