Raisul_Bhuiya
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Why are LSE students so highly paid statistically in comparison to other universities such as UOM UCL?
Isn’t it possible for people from other unis to also become high earners and earn 6 figure digits or will your university make it harder to do so?
thrwawy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
LSE is targeted for investment banks heavily, that’s basically its whole reputation. I’d say if your aiming to earn 6 figures within a few years after graduating then the uni you attended is essential. Otherwise 10-15 years into your career, where you got your degree from matters much less.
thrwawy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
LSE is targeted for investment banks heavily, that’s basically its whole reputation. I’d say if your aiming to earn 6 figures within a few years after graduating then the uni you attended is essential. Otherwise 10-15 years into your career, where you got your degree from matters much less.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
- people go to LSE with the wish to work in banking
- relative proportion of quantitative degree courses
- fewer people go onto phd/ research - this suppresses the average earnings of a lot of STEM courses
- London based - average salaries in London are higher so getting a load of people who want to be in London increase the average.
- relatively more well connected students

There isnt such a big difference between LSE and UCL economics grads which as a better comparator than the overall university figures.
Raisul_Bhuiya
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by thrwawy)
I’m attending UOM, will that hinder my chances of earning a 6 figure amount within a few years?
thrwawy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya)
I’m attending UOM, will that hinder my chances of earning a 6 figure amount within a few years?
depends on what roles you're looking for, your previous academics, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Earning 6 figures a few years (3-5) out of uni is not typical whatsoever and is basically limited to banking, pe, hedge funds, top law firms, MBB consultants and maybe a few accountants from big4. I am unsure of salary progression in other fields but again would be extremely limited. UoM is a great uni but doesn't have the reputation of Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial and other top unis.
Last edited by thrwawy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (135)
42.45%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (36)
11.32%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.49%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.07%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.97%

Watched Threads