Denise210
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've applied to many universities and have been declined because of the exam board (City & Guilds). Can anyone suggest how I would contact the uni's and tell them that the qualification has a weird specification and that I would like to be considered. I study travel and tourism and the overall course is 63 UCAS points, which is soo stupid. IM stuck all of the uni's are declining me... Please help any advice will be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Denise210)
I've applied to many universities and have been declined because of the exam board (City & Guilds). Can anyone suggest how I would contact the uni's and tell them that the qualification has a weird specification and that I would like to be considered. I study travel and tourism and the overall course is 63 UCAS points, which is soo stupid. IM stuck all of the uni's are declining me... Please help any advice will be greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!
If your qualification is not sufficient to get you into University, I suggest you take another qualification next year tha that will give you more UCAS points.

If you will be over 18 in September, an Access to Higher Education course is a good shout, they are available at local colleges so maybe your college offers it?
Access247
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
If your qualification is not sufficient to get you into University, I suggest you take another qualification next year tha that will give you more UCAS points.

If you will be over 18 in September, an Access to Higher Education course is a good shout, they are available at local colleges so maybe your college offers it?
If you find that you do need to top up your UCAS points, then an Access to Higher Education Diploma would be a great option. You can search accredited providers on the QAA database. These courses are offered at local colleges and online providers depending on your personal circumstances. Good luck with your journey.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you want to study Tourism at University then look at courses with a Foundation year such as : https://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/cours...undation-year/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (222)
43.36%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.33%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.62%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
21.09%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (57)
11.13%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.47%

Watched Threads