Acoustic Guitar

Watch
Istanbul2005
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What acoustic guitar would be the best to purchase for a total beginner who is left-handed?
JGLM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yamaha are the classic beginner ones.
Plücker
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Istanbul2005)
What acoustic guitar would be the best to purchase for a total beginner who is left-handed?
What can you afford?
What do you want to play?

Taylor Academy 12 and Taylor Academy 12 N are excellent and designed with beginners in mind. Both cost somewhere between £500 and £600.
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Plücker)
What can you afford?

Taylor Academy 12 and Taylor Academy 12 N are excellent and designed with beginners in mind. Both cost somewhere between £500 and £600.
500-600 is a lot of money for a beginner lol
Istanbul2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by JGLM)
Yamaha are the classic beginner ones.
Do you know which model?
Istanbul2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plücker)
What can you afford?

I am only looking to pay between £100 and £200.
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you know which model?
Any that are around £150 are decent enough. Not an acoustic player myself i’m on electric so im not perfectly qualified to recommend anything. Go to any decent guitar shop and they’ll point you in the right direction
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just a thought, but are you sure you have to//want to play left handed? It really cuts down on your choice of guitars and generally pushes the price up. I'm generally left handed (writing/aiming) but I play guitar and drive with my right. I'd say it's worth a try if you haven't already, as there are lazy people who will just tell you to play left handed and that's the end of it (my school music teachers)

(I'm also an electric player, not too clued up on acoustics)
Last edited by StriderHort; 1 month ago
Istanbul2005
Rep:
?
(Original post by StriderHort)
Just a thought, but are you sure you have to//want to play left handed? It really cuts down on your choice of guitars and generally pushes the price up. I'm generally left handed (writing/aiming) but I play guitar and drive with my right. I'd say it's worth a try if you haven't already, as there are lazy people who will just tell you to play left handed and that's the end of it (my school music teachers)

(I'm also an electric player, not too clued up on acoustics)
Oh really? That's something I hadn't considered that I may not need to play left-handed.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh really? That's something I hadn't considered that I may not need to play left-handed.
I'd say it's deffo worth a try if you've literally never tried playing a guitar before. I don't know how they are with covid but any guitar store worth the name would likely be happy to help you try both. Or you could likely find someone giving away something or selling it v cheap on Gumtree etc just as a cheap experiment. Anyone you know own one you could have a shot of?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.21%
No (189)
70.79%

Watched Threads