I've hurt my back Watch

This discussion is closed.
need_money
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I've really damaged my back. I bent down to pick something up and then when i stood up again my back was sore down the right hand side. I can barely move my back or walk :bawling: Does anyone know anything i can do to help it quickly cos i have P.E tomorrow and my mum thinks i'm lying so she wont write me a note.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
*hugs jenna*

Other than that, I have no idea what you can do
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by need_money)
I've really damaged my back. I bent down to pick something up and then when i stood up again my back was sore down the right hand side. I can barely move my back or walk :bawling: Does anyone know anything i can do to help it quickly cos i have P.E tomorrow and my mum thinks i'm lying so she wont write me a note.
Deep heat or neurofen gel, or heat pack as already suggested
need_money
Rep:
?
(Original post by lessthanthree)
sleep on it [literally] it might be better in the morning. You've probably pulled something.

I have chronic back pain, and find applying a heat pad verrrrryyy comforting.

try that

and sit up straight.
Its sore to sit up straight.
need_money
Rep:
?
(Original post by glance)
Deep heat or neurofen gel, or heat pack as already suggested
I would try that but i dont have any of that stuff.
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh poor you *Hugs* I dropped a cast Iron frying pan on my foot and it hurts

Hot Water bottle helps!

and to get outta games tell the Games Teacher that you just hurt your back on the way to school. So you don't need a note :hello:

Hope that helps
need_money
Rep:
?
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
*hugs jenna*

Other than that, I have no idea what you can do
Thanks darlin *hugs*
Sparkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would try that but i dont have any of that stuff.
If you don't have a hot water bottle get a plastic bottle fill it with hot water and put it in 2 socks
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
OK, well first of all, because you're quite young I'm suspecting all you've done is just irritated a nerve/pulled a muscle (it's all good guys, Danni the psych/human biology student is here to the rescue :cool: ). I've done it too, whilst tying up my shoe-laces would you believe [thankfully was ages ago and have fully recovered].

But I have good news for you, you will get better, soon too Just take it easy for now, and when you're ready, why not try back extensions? They're great for the lower back area, and when practiced regularly (e.g. 2 sets of 10, morning and night), can increase the strength of your back muscles, preventing further back ache.

Of course if problems still persist after a week, I wouldn't see your doctor :eek: but go straight to a physiotherapist first :cool: They usually know what they're doing first up

Good luck, and hope you get better,

*hugs*

Danni x
ladyshort4u
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
:idea: Oh I got this once –actually ive got it loads of times – and the one thing that helps me is Deep Heat – but not the cream – the spray! It stinks kinda weird (although I love the smell hehe!) but the spray really does do the job! And don’t listen 2 the bottle where it tells you how much to spray just spray loads and loads of it and then go sleep and wrap yourself up warm – in the morning you wont be perfect BUT you wil definitely be 90% better! Try it!
*Hugss*

Love ladyshort
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads