123GRace321
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi so ive applied to do criminology and my firm is Lancaster and my insurance is uni of liverpool. However i have just finished my exams and i feel like i flunked my sociology exam as i wrote about quantitative methods when it asked for qualitative methods in the 10 marker and i doubt ill get full marks in the other education questions ( we didnt do methods in context this year). Lancaster need ABB and im v doubtful that my teacher will give me an A after this exam, ive always been 1 or 2 points off an A. Liverpool need BBB which i wasnt worried about but after hearing from my history teacher that your final grade can go up or down im now worrying that my teacher will mark me down to a C even though ive been getting B's all year. Lancaster have also offered me BBB with a B in EPQ however i dont think ill get a B in my EPQ. So atm im worried that i wont get into either of my choices on results day, however the question im asking is; is it possible that universities will be more lenient this year with exam results? especially since hardly anyone is applying this year.
Googley_eyes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 123GRace321)
Hi so ive applied to do criminology and my firm is Lancaster and my insurance is uni of liverpool. However i have just finished my exams and i feel like i flunked my sociology exam as i wrote about quantitative methods when it asked for qualitative methods in the 10 marker and i doubt ill get full marks in the other education questions ( we didnt do methods in context this year). Lancaster need ABB and im v doubtful that my teacher will give me an A after this exam, ive always been 1 or 2 points off an A. Liverpool need BBB which i wasnt worried about but after hearing from my history teacher that your final grade can go up or down im now worrying that my teacher will mark me down to a C even though ive been getting B's all year. Lancaster have also offered me BBB with a B in EPQ however i dont think ill get a B in my EPQ. So atm im worried that i wont get into either of my choices on results day, however the question im asking is; is it possible that universities will be more lenient this year with exam results? especially since hardly anyone is applying this year.
Yes they will be more lenient like last year. However your last statement is very wrong. More people than normal are applying this year, a lot more than normal actually as you have this year’s year 13’s and last years who didn’t get in on predicted grades or took a gap year due to how useless a lot of university teaching was due to the pandemic (such as myself, it was a waste of money to stay so I took a gap year). Then you have a lot of international students who want to come and are 18, and a lot from last year who couldn’t get into the country or were needed at home and put off uni for a year. So whilst they are being more lenient than normal, there are a lot more applicants than normal. Next year will hopefully be a bit more back to normal with applicant numbers but it will probably take another year after that for it to be back to normal fully.
Last edited by Googley_eyes; 1 month ago
123GRace321
Rep:
?
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
Yes they will be more lenient like last year. However your last statement is very wrong. More people than normal are applying this year, a lot more than normal actually as you have this year’s year 13’s and last years who didn’t get in on predicted grades or took a gap year due to how useless a lot of university teaching was due to the pandemic (such as myself, it was a waste of money to stay so I took a gap year). Then you have a lot of international students who want to come and are 18, and a lot from last year who couldn’t get into the country or were needed at home and put off uni for a year. So whilst they are being more lenient than normal, there are a lot more applicants than normal. Next year will hopefully be a bit more back to normal with applicant numbers but it will probably take another year after that for it to be back to normal fully.
Ah right ok thanks for the heads up lol i believed that because of what my teachers had told me
Googley_eyes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah right ok thanks for the heads up lol i believed that because of what my teachers had told me
Okay. That’s a bit weird, you’d think teachers would know that lol. I guess they wanted to make it easier for you guys to relax, though other schools aren’t doing this and are actually making it more stressful so their students do more revision for their exams.
123GRace321
Rep:
?
(Original post by Googley_eyes)
Okay. That’s a bit weird, you’d think teachers would know that lol. I guess they wanted to make it easier for you guys to relax, though other schools aren’t doing this and are actually making it more stressful so their students do more revision for their exams.
yeah and my teachers know i need ABB but i feel that i will come out with BBC after what my history teacher said, do you think their is a chance ill still get in?
Googley_eyes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah and my teachers know i need ABB but i feel that i will come out with BBC after what my history teacher said, do you think their is a chance ill still get in?
Possibly. I thought I was going to get downgraded a lot but I was only downgraded by 1 due to my teachers being really harsh in that subject to everyone but their fav student and I still got in so you could do better than you think. If not, you could get offered a foundation course place or if that doesn’t happen you still have clearing. There are a lot of ways to secure a place. If all of those fail (very unlikely) you can take a gap year and get a job or work experience or retake year 13 and reapply next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (88)
28.48%
No (221)
71.52%

Watched Threads