AQA English Language Paper 1 Question 4

Watch
Nadiaxalam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can anyone help me with question for the Rosie extract it’s from the June 2020 paper 1 - how can I talk about language and how can I make it a counter argument
Advertisement
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nadiaxalam)
Can anyone help me with question for the Rosie extract it’s from the June 2020 paper 1 - how can I talk about language and how can I make it a counter argument
Hi, so I just did this exam today. Most people in my year agreed with the statement I think.
It might not be any good what I wrote but I basically said the the stranger was a figment of Rosie's imagination (she was sat amongst the 'daisies' whilst the rest of the garden was overgrown and messy, which marks her as an outsider-like she doesn't fit). I also said that Rosie and the stranger were very similar-they were both left handed (which Rosie noticed 'unconsciously') and they were both quite anxious.
I said it was a surprise when the stranger left at the end because Rosie wanted to help the stranger, and it just disappeared (I didn't really have much time to develop this point in the exam)

what ideas did you have?
hope this helps, if you have any questions just ask
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.6%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (38)
7.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.2%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed