Aimeebow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all! This is probably a waste of time because I wouldn't get in but I am currently doing the first year of my LLB with the open university, and was looking at using the credits to apply to transfer to first year at my local university for this September. I have very little chance of getting in, as I never did my A levels, and while I'm expecting to pass, I haven't done particularly well in my first year because of mental health issues at the end of last year. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to boost my chances a little bit. If I got good grades in the final assessments of my modules, could I emphasise them on my application, and would it help? Or is there a chance that if I write a kick ass personal statement, they might overlook my lack of credentials? I know I'm grasping at straws here but it's worth a shot at least.
graddent101
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aimeebow)
Hi all! This is probably a waste of time because I wouldn't get in but I am currently doing the first year of my LLB with the open university, and was looking at using the credits to apply to transfer to first year at my local university for this September. I have very little chance of getting in, as I never did my A levels, and while I'm expecting to pass, I haven't done particularly well in my first year because of mental health issues at the end of last year. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on how to boost my chances a little bit. If I got good grades in the final assessments of my modules, could I emphasise them on my application, and would it help? Or is there a chance that if I write a kick ass personal statement, they might overlook my lack of credentials? I know I'm grasping at straws here but it's worth a shot at least.
hey

have you contacted the uni that you want to transfer too and asked them what their requirments are?

Discuss your application with them to see what your chances are
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aimeebow)
If you never took A levels and haven't done particularly well on the first year of your degree, it may be that an Access to Higher Education course would be a good idea, you can do those at local colleges. Also consider whether you would be better off switching to a different subject if you haven't been enjoying Law.
Aimeebow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
If you never took A levels and haven't done particularly well on the first year of your degree, it may be that an Access to Higher Education course would be a good idea, you can do those at local colleges. Also consider whether you would be better off switching to a different subject if you haven't been enjoying Law.
I have been enjoying law, and I want to continue with it, so if I don't get into the university this year I'll just continue with my OU degree, since it's a really good course. I just fancied potentially trying out a year in a normal uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (221)
43.42%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.66%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (107)
21.02%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (56)
11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.5%

Watched Threads