Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like , honesty
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sterlingh20)
Like , honesty
I don’t think anybody can actually be ugly. That’s because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Let’s say your friend finds this person attractive, they have a crush on them. Then your friend asks you what you think about that person. You may not find that person attractive, that doesn’t mean they’re ugly though because some people will find that person attractive some won’t, like your friend finds them to be attractive & you don’t.

It’s the same with you too. Not everyone is going to find you attractive just like you wouldn’t find everyone attractive. I hope all of this made sense lol
Ax Sleepy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think anybody can actually be ugly. That’s because beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Let’s say your friend finds this person attractive, they have a crush on them. Then your friend asks you what you think about that person. You may not find that person attractive, that doesn’t mean they’re ugly though because some people will find that person attractive some won’t, like your friend finds them to be attractive & you don’t.

It’s the same with you too. Not everyone is going to find you attractive just like you wouldn’t find everyone attractive. I hope all of this made sense lol
That's bacically what I was going to say

No one is ugly

(Original post by Sterlingh20)
Like , honesty
Yeh, what he/she said
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago

You took the words right out of my mouth

Beauty is subjective
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's plenty of 'rate me' subreddits and the sample size is usually large enough to indicate how you are in terms of looks.
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I understand why people insist on saying that beauty is subjective in threads like this, to try and make people feel better, but however you wanna phrase it, it remains a fact that some people will be ugly in most people's eyes and they will see consequences of that in their life - your statements about beauty being subjective will ring hollow in the face of those consequences, because to a significant extent it is hollow. Though I admit it has some minimal truth to it, there's also a lot of truth to beauty being objective.

Physical attractiveness is a serious and real form of inequality in our society and we don't solve it by pretending it doesn't exist because it is subjective, no matter how well-intentioned we are.
Kovalensky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
There's plenty of 'rate me' subreddits and the sample size is usually large enough to indicate how you are in terms of looks.
That is a horrible way to find out whether you're considered attractive even if it wasn't on the basis of a few pics (which it is and it's a really unreliable way to tell)
Sterlingh20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Them subreddits aren’t very honest, I have seen them overrate people many many times..
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kovalensky)
That is a horrible way to find out whether you're considered attractive even if it wasn't on the basis of a few pics (which it is and it's a really unreliable way to tell)
Horrible - perhaps. But not entirely a lie either.
Kovalensky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can pose and post pics of me in which I look very different from real life. And mannerisms, behaviour, eye contact, etc aren't visible in pics but are very important in your assessment of who is attractive or not.
Sterlingh20
Rep:
?
On the subreddits I normally got . Average handsome above average or cute . Yet on dating apps I get no where so yea..
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
If you are ugly women won't eye you up like ever. If you are average, every now and then, if you are good looking, all the time When I was at uni I knew a guy who did clothes modelling work in his free time and hung out with him a few times. He was a huge hit with the girls. I remember going out with him once or twice and cute girls would be eyeing him up constantly, in bars they would sometimes walk right up to him. I got pretty jealous tbh.
Sterlingh20
Rep:
?
If you are ugly women won't eye you up like ever. If you are average, every now and then, if you are good looking, all the time When I was at uni I knew a guy who did clothes modelling work in his free time and hung out with him a few times. He was a huge hit with the girls. I remember going out with him once or twice and cute girls would be eyeing him up constantly, in bars they would sometimes walk right up to him. I got pretty jealous tbh.
Ya I wanna know if I’m ugly
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unless your above average looks people don’t tend to naturally come on to you. Everyone else has to work hard to make an impression and attractiveness is a more equal mix of looks and personality than you might imagine. Of course everyone hopes to date a beautiful, intelligent, humorous, exciting and caring partner.
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow.
I guess that man is living the life that most men would only dream of...

Being ugly is really a curse when you are man...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.56%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.15%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.6%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (49)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.69%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.12%

Watched Threads