?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
it's literally raw and looks like it has no taste
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Poached eggs aren't raw, they wouldn't be poached if they were They shouldn't be taken out of the pot until the egg white is firm, i.e. fully cooked.

They taste like eggs in basically any other form more or less. The main difference between poached eggs and fried eggs with a runny yolk is that poached eggs don't have any butter or oil affecting the taste, and they can't get burned (or even browned), so you really just get the taste of the egg (sometimes a hint of vinegar if you add it to the water to help the whites set quicker). The texture is also a bit different for the whites; firm, but a bit softer than fried eggs, imo.

Generally you don't eat poached eggs without anything else though, you eat them as part of some other dish (e.g. eggs benedict/royale, where you have them on an English muffin with bacon/ham/smoked salmon with hollandaise sauce on top). The milder taste of the egg whites, unadulterated by oil or butter or browning, allows the other flavours to be more prominent, in contrast with the rich egg yolk
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 month ago
NovaeSci
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Eggs Benedict is heaven!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what (lack of) knowledge was this post based on?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Poached eggs aren't raw, they wouldn't be poached if they were They shouldn't be taken out of the pot until the egg white is firm, i.e. fully cooked.

They taste like eggs in basically any other form more or less. The main difference between poached eggs and fried eggs with a runny yolk is that poached eggs don't have any butter or oil affecting the taste, and they can't get burned (or even browned), so you really just get the taste of the egg (sometimes a hint of vinegar if you add it to the water to help the whites set quicker). The texture is also a bit different for the whites; firm, but a bit softer than fried eggs, imo.

Generally you don't eat poached eggs without anything else though, you eat them as part of some other dish (e.g. eggs benedict/royale, where you have them on an English muffin with bacon/ham/smoked salmon with hollandaise sauce on top). The milder taste of the egg whites, unadulterated by oil or butter or browning, allows the other flavours to be more prominent, in contrast with the rich egg yolk
you have made me hungry a_l
PPP170903
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love poached eggs... jut put one on top of some toast, avocado, Mexican cheese and bacon :eating:
Last edited by PPP170903; 1 month ago
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well if you poach an egg then you don’t have to pay for it as long as they don’t catch you.
Prefect1992
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah I don't like poached eggs but here's my recipe for Chicken Tartare ala 5g tower
1. Get chicken
2. attach to fishing rod
3. Throw at 5g tower
4. reel in, throw on the ground for that seasoning
and that's how cooking works, I started off as a level 1 sous chef and now I'm a level 100 master chef
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by issawrap)
it's literally raw and looks like it has no taste

Poached eggs are great.
Amin7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same, I don't like them. It looks like eating a raw egg.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For me it's speed, i'll have 4 eggs in my breakfast for the protein. I can't be arsed messing about with peeling shell boiled eggs and i don't want to fry/scramble them.

If your poached eggs look uncooked or raw you've done something badly wrong, like not cook it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (45)
29.03%
No (110)
70.97%

Watched Threads