Unknown1234abcd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can someone please check their answers with me for these questions.
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unknown1234abcd)
Can someone please check their answers with me for these questions.
Er, where's your working?
Unknown1234abcd
Rep:
?
(Original post by davros)
Er, where's your working?
I will send it later.
Googley_eyes
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you send it after we say the answers you can just cheat and pretend you did it already. TSR does not encourage us to do your homework/exam for you.
Unknown1234abcd
Rep:
?
For the prism question, I got 1240000mm^3 and for the force question I got (0.07,0.24).
For the prism question I worked out the angle cab to get 125 degrees and then worked out ac by doing the sine rule. I got 20.64mm and I then worked out the area of the prism to get 206.4mm^2.Then I looked up the formula for the volume which was v=0.5*b*a*h.I got 1240000mm^3.For the forces question, I said F=t(7,24),then I worked out the modulus of the f which was 25t.Then, using suvat I got 2.5 for the acceleration and then I worked out t which was 0.01.
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For the prism question, I got 1240000mm^3 and for the force question I got (0.07,0.24).
For the prism question I worked out the angle cab to get 125 degrees and then worked out ac by doing the sine rule. I got 20.64mm and I then worked out the area of the prism to get 206.4mm^2.Then I looked up the formula for the volume which was v=0.5*b*a*h.I got 1240000mm^3.For the forces question, I said F=t(7,24),then I worked out the modulus of the f which was 25t.Then, using suvat I got 2.5 for the acceleration and then I worked out t which was 0.01.
Check what you're working out here! I agree with your area, but for a prism of constant cross-section the volume is just length x cross-sectional area.

Your force multiplier looks OK but I was confused at first because t almost always means time in a SUVAT problem - I would have used k or something for a constant multiplier to avoid confusion in future
Unknown1234abcd
Rep:
?
(Original post by davros)
Check what you're working out here! I agree with your area, but for a prism of constant cross-section the volume is just length x cross-sectional area.

Your force multiplier looks OK but I was confused at first because t almost always means time in a SUVAT problem - I would have used k or something for a constant multiplier to avoid confusion in future
OK, thanks for the feedback.Is my Force answer correct or not?
Unknown1234abcd
Rep:
?
For 4,i did log10(x^4/100 times 9x all/x^3).Then I got log10(9x^2/100).And I got as far as 2log10(9x-100),but I am confused as too how to get to the final answer from there. For the expo and disguised Quadratics question, i don't know how to start them.
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For 4,i did log10(x^4/100 times 9x all/x^3).Then I got log10(9x^2/100).And I got as far as 2log10(9x-100),but I am confused as too how to get to the final answer from there. For the expo and disguised Quadratics question, i don't know how to start them.
For the log question, jjust use the normal log rules. You must have a list/table of them in your notes. It would help to see an image of your working and reasons why you did things rather than "I did", "I got", "I am confused" as that gives us little idea about what you're trying to do and why, and why you're stuck.

Why not start by writing down the "quadratic" expression and use the described substitution for the disguised quadraic.

Describe what you think about the exponential expression? As a hint, you could use a geometric sequence you learnt at gcse as a geometric sequence is equivalent to a discretely, sampled exponential

If youre unable to start them, just hand in your work without them.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads