M1racu1ous
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am 18 and am currently in my first year of level 3 BTEC Business, i completed level 2 BTEC Business last year. Since the start of this year i have been told that year 2 will be free which i was happy about, but now they have said i will have to pay for my second year of level 3 which i don't really want to do. I have the options of taking a student loan and using that to pay for my second year or moving to an apprenticeship. I have always wanted to go to university but i feel like if i take on the student loan for college and university i will have too much debt. If you could give me any advice that would be much appreciated 👍.
Sayg
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by M1racu1ous)
I am 18 and am currently in my first year of level 3 BTEC Business, i completed level 2 BTEC Business last year. Since the start of this year i have been told that year 2 will be free which i was happy about, but now they have said i will have to pay for my second year of level 3 which i don't really want to do. I have the options of taking a student loan and using that to pay for my second year or moving to an apprenticeship. I have always wanted to go to university but i feel like if i take on the student loan for college and university i will have too much debt. If you could give me any advice that would be much appreciated 👍.
what is your email address?
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by M1racu1ous)
I did L3 BTEC Business through my college (Worcester) and went for distinction (got it, went to uni, yes I'm in debt but so is everyone).
Go to uni and enjoy the experience, worry about the debt later. Remember, you only pay it back if you earn more than £25K a year.
If it's a skill / course that will better your level of experience in a job / career later in life, I would pay and do it.
The information learnt could be invaluable and useful.
I would put the student loan towards university rather than a course like this. Best to find a job to help fund the studies of the BTEC business course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%