ninja24
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My firm option has lower entry requirements than my insurance. My firm wants BBB but insurance wants ABB.. Can I do this? My firm surprisingly gave me a very lower offer for some reason, which I didn't expect. Is it alright to have an insurance choice with a higher req than firm?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can do it but if you don’t get the grades for your firm, you’ll have to go to clearing as your insurance won’t take you
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ninja24)
My firm option has lower entry requirements than my insurance. My firm wants BBB but insurance wants ABB.. Can I do this? My firm surprisingly gave me a very lower offer for some reason, which I didn't expect. Is it alright to have an insurance choice with a higher req than firm?
Yes you can do this and should do it that way around if your BBB choice is the one you most want to go to.

There's always a possibility the ABB uni would lower their grades if it came to it, although it is far more likely you will end up at the BBB uni.
danielhaslam19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean, if your insurance is lower than your firm then you might as well not have an insurance, since if you're not getting into your firm then either way you're going into clearing lol. I've read that it's totally possible though, and you can have both unis agree to swap firm and insurance if you decide for whatever reason that you want to go to the ABB uni.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ninja24)
Those saying there's no point in having an insurance with higher grades aren't correct.

Consider what might happen if you get e.g. ABC. If your firm uni has filled its spaces with those who met their offers then you would be rejected because you haven't met yours completely. However, your insurance might be delighted to accept you as you are only a single grade off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed