Reapplying For The Same Job As Before (Same Place Too) - Advice?

Watch
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey Guys;

I was just browsing the NHS Jobs website and noticed that the same job I was turned down for before has put up the same job and place as before and was wondering if I should re-apply and if it would cause me any problems for doing so?

I sent an email the day I got the rejection (7th May, last Friday) for it asking why I failed in the interview and for advice for future applications and the response I received (In short, I didn't answer the questions in their entirety as I thought I had) is below;

"Thank you for your email. I’d like to start by saying you did score highly but unfortunately just missed the pass mark. The answers you gave were very good however on a few of the questions you only answered part of the question asked. This is really easy done in an interview especially with nerves coming in to play. Don’t hesitate to ask the panel during interview to repeat the question before or even after you’ve given your answer, or ask them if you have answered the question fully as they may prompt you if not and doing this shows you are being thorough and ensuring you provide as much detail as possible.

I hope this helps and I’d urge you to reapply if the posts are re-advertised."

I'm not overly sure if that means she wants me to reapply or if it's just her being nice... (or standard procedure) - also concerned it may make me look desperate to apply for the same job twice!

Thoughts if I should re-apply for it?

EDIT:
The job is an associate practitioner.
Last edited by Scienceisgood; 1 month ago
tessa.clairex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say definitely reapply! She said she thought you should, and if you follow her advice for the interview she would probably be impressed at the fact that you'd taken her advice on board and that you'd shown perseverance. They're probably qualities that she's looking for, and it would probably work in your favour! Good luck
Allyson2020
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Hey Guys;

I was just browsing the NHS Jobs website and noticed that the same job I was turned down for before has put up the same job and place as before and was wondering if I should re-apply and if it would cause me any problems for doing so?

I sent an email the day I got the rejection for it asking why I failed in the interview and for advice for future applications and the response I received (In short, I didn't answer the questions in their entirety as I thought I had) is below;

"Thank you for your email. I’d like to start by saying you did score highly but unfortunately just missed the pass mark. The answers you gave were very good however on a few of the questions you only answered part of the question asked. This is really easy done in an interview especially with nerves coming in to play. Don’t hesitate to ask the panel during interview to repeat the question before or even after you’ve given your answer, or ask them if you have answered the question fully as they may prompt you if not and doing this shows you are being thorough and ensuring you provide as much detail as possible.

I hope this helps and I’d urge you to reapply if the posts are re-advertised."

I'm not overly sure if that means she wants me to reapply or if it's just her being nice... (or standard procedure) - also concerned it may make me look desperate to apply for the same job twice!

Thoughts if I should re-apply for it?

EDIT:
The job is an associate practitioner.
Hi
Yes you can reapply for this job within NHS, it is same principal if say a nurse applied for a band 6 or 7 post but didn't get but they readvertised it for same area she/he working in as no rules saying you can't ok.

If you aren't allowed they should tell you right away ok.
Just rejigged your application abit and you should be fine plus use previous as guidance what was said. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (88)
38.26%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
10.87%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (17)
7.39%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (55)
23.91%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (28)
12.17%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
7.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed