The Student Room Group

CW: I don’t want to be 46kg :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
No one here can answer that question. I don't understand why you don't just ask CAMHS about this - the worst thing that will happen is they will say no.

The worst thing that can happen is that they will send more home intervention people to come to my house to monitor me eating it’s extremely weird and I feel uncomfortable I have expressed this to my camhs team and have not respected my wishes of no longer sending home intervention team to my home
The worst thing that can happen is that they will send more home intervention people to come to my house to monitor me eating it’s extremely weird and I feel uncomfortable I have expressed this to my camhs team and have not respected my wishes of no longer sending home intervention team to my home

It's partly about trust.
If they believe you're trying, i.e. can see "progress" on the scale, they know more confidently that you are trying and you'll be less monitored.
As a minor, you don't really get much say in what happens to you here, you either do what you have to do or don't and watch your freedom be taken away more and more.

They will not do this if you simply ask about the possibility of discharge, they will only do it if you stop complying with treatment.
They will not do this if you simply ask about the possibility of discharge, they will only do it if you stop complying with treatment.

Oh ok I’m not going to ask about discharge right now but when they allow me to go to school full time I will ask because I don’t want to be taken out of lesson just to go to camhs and it’s not because once they discharge me I’ll loose the weight NO I’ve learnt my lesson I hate CAMHS I hope they can rot in hell
Oh ok I’m not going to ask about discharge right now but when they allow me to go to school full time I will ask because I don’t want to be taken out of lesson just to go to camhs and it’s not because once they discharge me I’ll loose the weight NO I’ve learnt my lesson I hate CAMHS I hope they can rot in hell

They also keep on saying I’ve made good progress because I gained 10kg in 3 months
What if I ask for discharge will they at least consider the idea or no?

Bad news: no because of your age they are duty bound to make you meet the threshold first

Good news: they are already considering sending you back to school part time
So you're literally soooo close anyways
So it makes sense to go back when you are fully prepared so you can really make the most of your studies
That way, everyone's happy and it's a much more permanent solution which allows you to move forward fully without any obstacles 💖
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by WazzWazz98
Bad news: no because of your age they are duty bound to make you meet the threshold first

Good news: they are already considering sending you back to school part time
So you're literally soooo close anyways
So it makes sense to go back when you are fully prepared so you can really make the most of your studies
That way, everyone's happy and it's a much more permanent solution which allows you to move forward fully without any obstacles 💖

I’ll keep on trying Just to get my life back to normal
I’ll keep on trying Just to get my life back to normal

Just look at all the progress you've already made! It's not far off now
Just remember that , like anything in life really, it's a marathon and not a race

You're super young and have your whole life ahead of you
And at your age you're still developing
Which is why you just have to be patient with yourself is all

Do keep us all updated x
Reply 128
Yh I was thinking of doing that but I don’t have a scale D:

eh, all i can say is - things will get better soon. when you turn 18, they pretty much stop giving a ****
Original post by Vapordave
Don't do that, or listen to any advice from Ciel for that matter.

that's mean, i know a lot about this stuff
Original post by Ciel.
that's mean, i know a lot about this stuff

They're a minor. Your advice is irresponsible. Don't encourage someone with an eating disorder to stay thin.
CAMHS if forcing me to be 46 kg to be discharged :frown: is there any POSSIBLE WAY TO BE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING 46kg please I beg you if you have an answer please tell me and give me a clear answer I’m 15 years old and they’re only allowing me to go to school part-time

When I was with CAMHS their advice for me was ****. I told them I wanted to die and their advice was to drink a tea and do some deep breath’s
Reply 131
Original post by Vapordave
They're a minor. Your advice is irresponsible. Don't encourage someone with an eating disorder to stay thin.

ok daddy, i'll stop
Original post by JessicaWw
When I was with CAMHS their advice for me was ****. I told them I wanted to die and their advice was to drink a tea and do some deep breath’s

When I told CAMHS I wanted to kill myself, they asked why I don't just go ahead and do it :rolleyes:
When I told CAMHS I wanted to kill myself, they asked why I don't just go ahead and do it :rolleyes:

Glad u didn’t go ahead and do it 😁 CAMHS is a pain in the ass for sure I hate it so much
I think you're best speaking to the staff in CAMHS to see if you can go and speak to a Nutritionist or your Doctor and they will be best to advise you on what you can do to try and bulk your weight up a little.

There's no point in asking people on here as they are going to give you advice that is not tailored to your own circumstances, whether a medical professional that you go and visit will...

They ain’t the best people 😝
Update I’m 42.3kg I’m feeling a bit unmotivated and I asked followed ur advice and I asked about discharge they said that once I reach the target weight they will only see me once an month and once they fully trust me that I won’t do it again they will discharge me but I want to be discharged now that’s a long process so I’m thinking the next appointment I’m not going anymore
Update I’m 42.3kg I’m feeling a bit unmotivated and I asked followed ur advice and I asked about discharge they said that once I reach the target weight they will only see me once an month and once they fully trust me that I won’t do it again they will discharge me but I want to be discharged now that’s a long process so I’m thinking the next appointment I’m not going anymore

And I’m not going ever again

Well done on your progress! A month isnt a very long time, it'll fly by before you know it. You're going to end up dealing with them a lot longer by 'just not going'.
Original post by Foxehh
Well done on your progress! A month isnt a very long time, it'll fly by before you know it. You're going to end up dealing with them a lot longer by 'just not going'.

But I talked to some people they said that they ignore them and they didn’t go and they got some phone calls but then after that nothing happened

Quick Reply

Latest