Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been looking at the accommodation and the 2 that stood out for me were Julian Markham and Vauxhall. The main reason for this was that Vauxhall is really nice and an amazing building but very expensive and then Julian is also quite nice and there is the chance that I get KAAS on it as well.

I can't decide which one to go for since there's the nicer building at Vauxhall but I won't have as much money to spend day to day. Then there's Julian which would leave me with about £6,000 to spend from my maintenance loan (if I got KAAS) which is a lot and would be more than enough for the whole year. I read that the rooms at Julian have been refurbished as well but not sure if they all have and if they have is it the pictures on the KCL website that are the refurbished rooms?

I'm also not sure which accommodation is in a better location to be nearer places that I would be going out to like bars and places like that.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been looking at the accommodation and the 2 that stood out for me were Julian Markham and Vauxhall. The main reason for this was that Vauxhall is really nice and an amazing building but very expensive and then Julian is also quite nice and there is the chance that I get KAAS on it as well.

I can't decide which one to go for since there's the nicer building at Vauxhall but I won't have as much money to spend day to day. Then there's Julian which would leave me with about £6,000 to spend from my maintenance loan (if I got KAAS) which is a lot and would be more than enough for the whole year. I read that the rooms at Julian have been refurbished as well but not sure if they all have and if they have is it the pictures on the KCL website that are the refurbished rooms?

I'm also not sure which accommodation is in a better location to be nearer places that I would be going out to like bars and places like that.
I'm personally hoping to apply to Angel Lane because I've heard good stuff and if you check google maps you can see what's going on around but Angel Lane is right next to Westfield and there are many things to do in that area but I'm just biased
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm personally hoping to apply to Angel Lane because I've heard good stuff and if you check google maps you can see what's going on around but Angel Lane is right next to Westfield and there are many things to do in that area but I'm just biased
Yeah Angel Lane looks nice but I'd rather not travel so far to get to my campus all the time
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah Angel Lane looks nice but I'd rather not travel so far to get to my campus all the time
That is very true, but at the same time, how likely are you to travel to campus and Angel Lane is well connected that for me it takes me about the same time to cycle there as it takes to get the train so a bonus health-wise? But I get you, it does seem hella long to go all that way, but also it depend on which one is on the portal at that time and you don't want to wait too long in case you lose out on a great backup and are stuck with what you don't want
capeverde321
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just a heads up, when I applied the only choices I had were either Angel Lane or the Intercollegiate halls. So just be prepared to have a backup choices.

Vauxhall is a nice area with plenty going on - it's just across the bridge from the Tate Britain for example. Julian Markham is in Elephant and Castle which I'm less familiar with, however I do know there have been huge developments going in recent years with new shops, restaurants etc. Both are very easy to commute to Waterloo/Stand campuses from and are just 1 or 2 stops on the train.
Last edited by capeverde321; 4 weeks ago
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just a warning- JM's lift keeps breaking, there's a silverfish infestation as well as a serious mould problem
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Caz1234567)
Just a warning- JM's lift keeps breaking, there's a silverfish infestation as well as a serious mould problem
Oh dear. Are they likely to sort it out soon and if not does it effect everyone or just some of the rooms? Do you live there?
Caz1234567
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh dear. Are they likely to sort it out soon and if not does it effect everyone or just some of the rooms? Do you live there?
No, it been going on for quite a while now, a lot of people in the worst affected areas of the infestation have been moved but others are just dealing with it. In regards to the mould problem they're doing absolutely nothing about it. 😂 Also packages have been going missing...
physiokcl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hopefully i can give you a clearer picture but the lift has been broken for 4 months already, the hot water broke down for a week during the coldest days of December (literally cold water showers at -2C) and not including the moldy showers, flies and silverfish that are in the building. A lot of us are just taking it day by day but they said that the lift probs won't get fixed in the near future since they couldn't order the parts to fix the lift
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%