Foundation year Law transfer student. Do I have a chance?

Watch
amber2106
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
. I am a law foundation year student at the University of law, wanting to transfer unis.
I emailed a few universities and the majority of then were willing to consider a foundation year applicant. They advised me to apply online via UCAS so that they can assess my modules and see a personal statement, reference etc.

For my first 3 modules I recieved 2 2.1's and a 2.2 :/.
However for nxt 3 modules, in the mocks I received 3 very high firsts which I was pleasantly surprised about. If I were to get 3 firsts in these modules, would those be decent enough grades to transfer?
I guess I'm just really nervous about applying as my alevel grades were really quite poor. (CDD) should I take the plunge and just apply? Has anybody ever been in the same position?
Any help appreciated 😊
Last edited by amber2106; 1 month ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by amber2106)
. I am a law foundation year student at the University of law, wanting to transfer unis.
I emailed a few universities and the majority of then were willing to consider a foundation year applicant. They advised me to apply online via UCAS so that they can assess my modules and see a personal statement, reference etc.

For my first 3 modules I recieved 2 2.1's and a 2.2 :/.
However for nxt 3 modules, in the mocks I received 3 very high firsts which I was pleasantly surprised about. If I were to get 3 firsts in these modules, would those be decent enough grades to transfer?
I guess I'm just really nervous about applying as my alevel grades were really quite poor. (CDD) should I take the plunge and just apply? Has anybody ever been in the same position?
Any help appreciated 😊
It doesn't hurt to apply so I would just go for it but tbh the unis will still take your CDD into account so I wouldn't apply anywhere too competitive. I know it's tricky with law as they tend to ask for high A level grades.
Johnny ~
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
This is one of those questions where it's better to just apply and find out. I imagine it will depend on the university.

I presume that you are planning on applying next cycle?
one_two_three
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why are those your Alevel grades? They are clearly not representative of your ability so make sure you cover that off in your application if you have any mitigating circumstances. Also, a foundation degree does not lock you into a specific university so make sure you do your research on where you want to apply and put an application in next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.79%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.25%

Watched Threads