zodisagoddess21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I'm going to uni this September and being the extra person that I am I created a spreadsheet showing my forecasted spending just to start uni i.e, room stuff, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, and other extras and it came to 550 pounds, is that too much. I'm pretty sure I can cut it down to below 500 because I overestimated a bit. but how much has anyone spent or how much is anyone planning to spend. cause nearly 500 seems like a lot.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zodisagoddess21)
So I'm going to uni this September and being the extra person that I am I created a spreadsheet showing my forecasted spending just to start uni i.e, room stuff, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, and other extras and it came to 550 pounds, is that too much. I'm pretty sure I can cut it down to below 500 because I overestimated a bit. but how much has anyone spent or how much is anyone planning to spend. cause nearly 500 seems like a lot.
Hi there,

I hope you're well and excited to go to University!

Yep, it does seem like a lot but I remember my spending amount being similar. What helped me with saving a bit of money was trying to get as many hand me downs as possible! So asking around about lamps / folders / plates really helped me save. As well, make sure that you keep looking out for student offers on UniDays and StudentBeans, because there are often great discounts on there which save you a lot. Also, FB marketplace is good to have a browser on - I got a table for my room for free, and it's been so useful!

Hope that's helpful.

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.38%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.89%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.34%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.37%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.79%

Watched Threads