Are You Required to apply to Student Finance for This Graduate Scheme?

Watch
JonoRoom5
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,

I'm (relatively new on) looking at graduate teaching jobs (I'm not QTS qualified but have CELTA and teaching experience outside of the UK, and majoring in EngLit) then I stumble upon this,

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/employer...size=20&page=0

Do Teach First provide the funding for the PGDE? for would I need a postgrad loan from SFE? I'm hoping to do an MA in 2022, so I need to keep postgrad funding clear of anything else.

Many thanks for your help!
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
Hi JonoRoom5,
Teach First offers a salaried route- which means they pay for your fees- for your QTS and PGDE -and you earn a salary whilst you train so you should not need student finance. They tend to recruit graduates with a 2.1 degree or above.
If you are interested in teacher training, I would suggest you register to Get into Teaching to get a teaching adviser. It is a free service. Our teaching advisers, all experienced teachers, offer impartial advice on the various routes into teaching and will be able to guide you through all your teacher training options and support you with your application if you were to decide to proceed.

Laure
JonoRoom5
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Get into Teaching)
Hi JonoRoom5,
Teach First offers a salaried route- which means they pay for your fees- for your QTS and PGDE -and you earn a salary whilst you train so you should not need student finance. They tend to recruit graduates with a 2.1 degree or above.
If you are interested in teacher training, I would suggest you register to Get into Teaching to get a teaching adviser. It is a free service. Our teaching advisers, all experienced teachers, offer impartial advice on the various routes into teaching and will be able to guide you through all your teacher training options and support you with your application if you were to decide to proceed.

Laure
Thank you so much for your answer!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (0)
0%
October 2021 (11)
73.33%
November 2021 (2)
13.33%
December 2021 (1)
6.67%
January 2021 (1)
6.67%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (0)
0%