Is the Ps5 Overrated

Watch
wcrockett7750
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I've just gotta ask this to anyone who has a Ps5, but, are they overrated? Is it really worth 500$ just to get better graphics?
wcrockett7750
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
(Original post by wcrockett7750)
I've just gotta ask this to anyone who has a Ps5, but, are they overrated? Is it really worth 500$ just to get better graphics?
I know this is a dumb question but I need to know because I'm thinking of getting one.
wcrockett7750
Rep:
Yeah, I think that'll be my best bet.
wcrockett7750
Rep:
Because I just hear the only difference from the Ps4 to the Ps5 is better graphics.
wcrockett7750
Rep:
(Original post by wcrockett7750)
Because I just hear the only difference from the Ps4 to the Ps5 is better graphics.
Well, thanks.
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I have one and it barely gets used. Wait until more stuff comes out.
getkittywitit
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
I manged to get a pre-order, and would say that the hardware by itself is great but the games are ridiculously expensive (~£80 each). So ~£400 for 5 games. Feels a bit **** to pay £420 to just play COD at 60 fps.If you mainly play ps4 games its not really worth the upgrade - keep in mind most ps4 games still run at 30 fps on the ps5. Personally I would wait until the ps5 pro comes out and games start getting discounted/remasters come out.
wcrockett7750
Rep:
(Original post by getkittywitit)
I manged to get a pre-order, and would say that the hardware by itself is great but the games are ridiculously expensive (~£80 each). So ~£400 for 5 games. Feels a bit **** to pay £420 to just play COD at 60 fps.If you mainly play ps4 games its not really worth the upgrade - keep in mind most ps4 games still run at 30 fps on the ps5. Personally I would wait until the ps5 pro comes out and games start getting discounted/remasters come out.
Thank you all for telling me your experience.
PakScarz
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Personally, PS5 is worth it. Firstly, I've got a PC also that is nearly 3x the price of the PS5 and I can safely say without bias that they are quite literally the same thing. Yes, you might get a few more FPS but if you're good at a game then you're good at a game regardless of FPS, etc. Also, it's $500 for a console that's ideally going to last 6 years. However, I do agree on waiting because for some reason developers are sometimes choosing not even to make PS5 games and they are very overpriced
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
This is the internet - everything you like is underrated and everything you don't is overrated.

But as I always say, I miss when consoles weren't just sterile-looking PCs with the same games as all the others.

Last edited by ozzyoscy; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (39)
22.81%
Note taking apps (5)
2.92%
Flashcards (31)
18.13%
Revision guides (5)
2.92%
Past papers (85)
49.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.51%

Watched Threads