How can universities check my A-level results, when I've lost my certificates

Watch
BoBch27
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've lost my A-level certificates - somehow I've only kept one AS level certificate. Can the university just check my student record, or history somehow? Rather than me having to request replacement certificates, as they take too long to issue?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BoBch27)
I've lost my A-level certificates - somehow I've only kept one AS level certificate. Can the university just check my student record, or history somehow? Rather than me having to request replacement certificates, as they take too long to issue?
It only takes a few weeks. Just get duplicates and keep them safe this time. You’re likely to need them for jobs at some point.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unis get a direct feed from the Exam Boards in June that allows them to cross-check the info you have put on your UCAS form. Unless you are an Overseas applicant, they won't need to see your certificates - but as above, you do need to get replacements.
BoBch27
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies. I've already ordered replacement, but they'll take around 3 weeks to arrive. A cousin of mine had a similar issue a couple of years ago, but he was told by the uni that they would just check his student record and he was accepted, without having to supply the certificates, so I was just wondering if that's possible...
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Unis get a direct feed from the Exam Boards in June that allows them to cross-check the info you have put on your UCAS form. Unless you are an Overseas applicant, they won't need to see your certificates - but as above, you do need to get replacements.
Abl only provides recent results.
I assume that if op has lost their certificates then they took their exams in 2019 or earlier which wouldn’t be verified by ucas unless they’d applied in that year.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BoBch27)
Thanks for the replies. I've already ordered replacement, but they'll take around 3 weeks to arrive. A cousin of mine had a similar issue a couple of years ago, but he was told by the uni that they would just check his student record and he was accepted, without having to supply the certificates, so I was just wondering if that's possible...
Universities can verify results using the learning records service but not all admissions teams have access or are willing/able to use that service.

If you’ve been asked to send in scans of your certificates and they’re on order then you should send through scans as requested.
BoBch27
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Universities can verify results using the learning records service but not all admissions teams have access or are willing/able to use that service.

If you’ve been asked to send in scans of your certificates and they’re on order then you should send through scans as requested.
Got it. Thanks!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads