Tips for London

Watch
bishop2475
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Me and my friend are planning on going to London this summer due to the good prices, any tips?
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don’t go east
bishop2475
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JGLM)
Don’t go east
How so?
JGLM
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by bishop2475)
How so?
East London is not the friendliest place lol. By tips, what do you mean? Places to go for tourists?
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by JGLM)
Don’t go east
I live east and you defo want to keep your distance from some people around here. Not the friendliest of places.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Buy a stabproof vest and prepare to be ripped off.
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You want to go to London because of the “good prices”? Am I missing something here?
.etalieblytheee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Me and my friend are planning on going to London this summer due to the good prices, any tips?
Iam asking to go to south London so following!! <33
Black Sensei
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just treat it like a normal place in my opinion. No you don't need to worry about getting stabbed unless you are part of a gang or any weird things like that. Enjoy the moment and make the most out of your experience since London is truly a nice place to be in
PakScarz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Me and my friend are planning on going to London this summer due to the good prices, aBny tips?
Go Peckham, heard it's one of the most affluent areas in London. Also, loads of tourist attractions around there!
Spoiler:
Show
SOIKKE, I LIED
Yolz121
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
- Keep your valuables hidden! - Snatch theft and pick-pocketing is a real thing
- Try not to look like a tourist - Be purposeful and confident as you walk otherwise it is easy to suss out people that are "vulnerable" and easy targets
- Be aware of your surroundings - Yes, it's London. Yes, the city has a lot of hype around it. Yes, it is probably your first time and you will be amazed at basically everything, BUT being self-aware and noticing what's going on in your surroundings will save you, your valuables, and also give you time to react should anything go left.
- LDN transport is bliss and easily accessible, but wear comfortable shoes in case your plans include walking a lot
- Carry an umbrella, coat, or extra jumper in case of weather change
- You can pay by card more or less anywhere, but take some change too
- Random but if you are in a busy street area, please don't walk slow.. especially if you are in a group.. - London is a busy place, people have places to go, and if you are dragging your feet or blocking the path you are in the way of progress
- Another random, but applies anywhere tbf, don't go staring at people. That's practically an invitation for confrontation
- What CosmicApathy1 said
- What ROTL94 said

Anyways, thanks for reading my TEDtalk
I'm gonna go back to the shadows of reading random posts ✌️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%