How to lose 15kg asap

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
helloooo whats the fastest healthiest way to lose all that weight and how long do you think it'll take?
Sharon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t
sufys12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
helloooo whats the fastest healthiest way to lose all that weight and how long do you think it'll take?
15kg? Healthily, possibly a year. Since you don't consider a year fast enough don't bother with it.
NovaeSci
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well for starters, bump up your water intake to around a gallon per day. After a couple weeks, your body will have flushed out all the extra salt you're retaining and, because your body now expects water, it will stop retaining salt. You tend to retain when you don't drink too much water and that extra salt is a way for your body to keep hold of water. Unfortunately this can bloat you. You'd be surprised just by doing this for a month how different you can look: stomach flatter, face not a puffy, etc.

Cardio Acceleration between weight training sets also works wonders as well
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sufys12)
15kg? Healthily, possibly a year. Since you don't consider a year fast enough don't bother with it.
really? i lost like 8 in one summer just from high intensity exercise and plenty of food. i was fine, never felt better actually
Anonymous #1
(Original post by NovaeSci)
Well for starters, bump up your water intake to around a gallon per day. After a couple weeks, your body will have flushed out all the extra salt you're retaining and, because your body now expects water, it will stop retaining salt. You tend to retain when you don't drink too much water and that extra salt is a way for your body to keep hold of water. Unfortunately this can bloat you. You'd be surprised just by doing this for a month how different you can look: stomach flatter, face not a puffy, etc.

Cardio Acceleration between weight training sets also works wonders as well
woahh thats a lot of water like 4 litres ? will def give this a try after exams and can hit the gym finally. thank you so much!!
nm12345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Buy 15 1kg bags of sugar and drop them
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Please don't seek to lose weight extremely quickly.
I struggle with anorexia and it starts with starting 'eating healthy' and it quickly spirals out of control.
WillHendo_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guess you just gotta make sure that you're burning more calories than you are eating. If you can, make use of a fitness tracker/watch that tracks the calories you burn passively or doing exercise. One thing I wouldn't bother with is watching what you eat exactly. You can eat anything you want, you only have to pay attention to your caloric intake. Then you can measure how many calories over or under you are based on your level of activity. Drink lots of water when thirsty (and maybe even when you aren't) as this can fill you up and prevent binge eating. Go for long and slow runs/walks as unfortunately, short ones are best for fitness rather than weight loss. Get to school/college/work by walking or cycling. I think that's probably your best bet if you want it done quickly. Happy dieting.
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most places I read say you should be able to manage 1KG a week more or less, with eating well, in deficit, being active etc.

The water stuff is true, you'll shed a kg or 2 of water alone when your body stops holding onto excess.

(I've lost about 8 KG in the last 3 weeks, but a fair bit of of that is water and me being on a strict diet)
Last edited by StriderHort; 1 month ago
NovaeSci
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
woahh thats a lot of water like 4 litres ? will def give this a try after exams and can hit the gym finally. thank you so much!!
Its not as hard as you think. Just fill up 4x 1litre bottles and try and drink a 1/4 - 1/2 every hour. People forget that the body loses 2-2.5 litres of water on just an average day. So drinking half a gallon just replaces this. The extra 2 litres goes to actually making sure your body is working at it's best. Rather than just replacing water and it doing nothing else, the extra can do things like aid digestion, clear up and hydrate skin, make your hair more hydrated and full, etc.
KikiTheYeagerist
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
first of all make sure the weight u r tryna get to aint unhealthy
so um my tips are lots of walking and chloe ting workouts and hit the gym if u can as regularly as possible 3-4 times a week or more. take breaks when u need
for diet I'd say like oats/granola and a lot of fruit for breakfast, for lunch a big salad, and for dinner, some quinoa, grilled chicken, roast vegetables, lot's of vegetables, no snacking on unhealthy things, snack on fruits and veggies. Cut out sugar and sugary drinks
and drink lots of waterrrrrrrrr
meditate/yoga if u want and practise a lot of self care <3
glassalice
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fastest way? Limb amputations, the more, the quicker.
NovaeSci
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Most places I read say you should be able to manage 1KG a week more or less, with eating well, in deficit, being active etc.

The water stuff is true, you'll shed a kg or 2 of water alone when your body stops holding onto excess.

(I've lost about 8 KG in the last 3 weeks, but a fair bit of of that is water and me being on a strict diet)
Sounds about right. I heard it as 2 pounds (so around 1kg) a week is what is regarding as losing weight healthily. The first week or 2 you're always going to have a massive drop, but that's mainly water weight
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to take to heart the truth that there is no way to quickly lose lots of weight.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please don't seek to lose weight extremely quickly.
I struggle with anorexia and it starts with starting 'eating healthy' and it quickly spirals out of control.
^^^ THIS. Prsom
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Losing weight takes time. If you don’t want it to be a temporary thing where you gain it all back once you eat properly then do it the healthy way. Good things can take time.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Losing weight to quickly can lead to long-term repurcussions, physically and mentally.
I currently need a dietitian to help me eat 'normally'.
Perhaps you could try to find one, they're really helpful and they'll help you lose weight over a longer period of time.
Rapid weight loss can make you feel extremely cold like I do. It can also result in brain shrinkage if you starve yourself for prolonged periods.
.etalieblytheee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
15kg?? Or 5kg??
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Impossible to lose so much weight within very short time.

Not healthy but liposuction is a solution but consult your GP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (129)
41.88%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (35)
11.36%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (25)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.75%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (33)
10.71%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.17%

Watched Threads