The Student Room Group

An inspector calls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AK_017157
Oh you did! Thank you so much - yes I might need help. If I can make 3 paragraphs and send it to you about the character of Romeo in the same format - beginning, middle and end of the play would you be able to mark it? I'm basically trying to pre-write my paragraphs for the assessment which I can then basically insert into my assessment since I know we have been told what the assessments are going to be on. For Romeo and Juliet - character of Romeo and how he shows conflict. AIC - question on female characters - either Sheila Birling or Mrs Birling.

Yeah, I can do that! No problem! You sound very sensible :lol:
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
Yeah, I can do that! No problem! You sound very sensible :lol:

Haha thanks! :smile: Oh I thought you didn't reply but forgot that I had to go to the next page since that page was full. I was literally waiting so long for hours for you to reply even though you replied 10 mins after I replied oops. By the way, the paragraph I wrote about Sheila I also asked my A-level friend who got an 8 in English Lit about that paragraph and this is the feedback he gave:
- he said that when I wrote about "pretty" he said it has no connotations as many girls in Edwardian Era were called pretty.
- He also told me to further develop when I wrote about Sheila being referred to as "girl" and write about how referring to her in this way connotes to her immaturity and how upper class women were perhaps uneducated to what the real world was like in contrast to the working class.
- And the last point he made he said Sheila doesn't share the same views as her parents since she shows sympathy towards Eva unlike Mr birling who doesn't care. I think this final point he made didn't make sense since she does share the same views as her parents (At the start of the play) and I'm going to talk about how this changes as the play progresses so I do think he's wrong about that one.

Can you give any suggestions and your opinion on his feedback and if you think he's wrong/right and what I should do to change this. I thought it was good at first but now with the feedback I feel like the paragraph is all over the place.

Thank you so much btw!!

P.S. Are you an A-level or Uni student? And don't mind me asking what did you get in your GCSE Lit, just curious since you seem like you have a lot of knowledge in literature.
(edited 2 years ago)
Do you mind helping me on some quote analysis. I'm wanting to pick out 3 quotes each for the beginning/middle/end of the play for Romeo. The quotes should show struggle. Also, are you sure you're free to help? Don't comprise anything you have to do just to help me!

Also these are the quotes that I want to analyse for Romeo *quotes which show conflict/struggle because that's what the question is about*
Beginning of play - I think "O brawling love! O loving hate!" because he's an exploration of unconventional masculinity since he struggles with inner conflict
Middle of play - not really sure can you help me pick this one? I think "my reputation stained with Tybalt's slander" because it shows how he begins to show violence
End of play - I think "will thou provoke me! Then have at thee body!" because he finally conforms to social expectations on young men in Elizabethan Era.

Do you mind helping me on analysing these quotes giving A02 and A03? I'm more concerned about the Romeo assessment since that's on Tuesday before the AIC which is on Thursday so I think I should focus on Romeo assessment first.

Thank you so much again!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest