Liking the same boy as my best friend

Watch
Anonymous018
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So...
Me and this boy (let’s call him ‘X’) have been really close mates for about 4 years, (nothing more as friends). During this time he admitted to one of my other friends that he reckons he fell in love with me. That was about 2 years ago. I believe he knows I know, but we never discussed it.
Fast forward a year, a girl I never really spoke to before (let’s call her ‘Y’) and I became really close. I later found out she had a massive crush on X. Moving forward another year, she now likes somebody new, but jokes within our friendship group still arise about her liking X, to which she blushes and giggles. We believes she still likes him.
The issue is, X and I are still close mates & more recently he’s been making his feelings obvious to me once again.
I feel really awkward, because I know X likes me, and X knows Y likes him, but Y doesn’t know about X liking me. What the hell do I do?
Y knows we are very close, but would never believe it could be romantic, even though she knows about his admissions about 2 years ago. I think it would hurt her deeply if she knew, but I hate lying to her. I don’t know what to do for the best.... we all go to uni very soon, and I don’t want to ruin the last few weeks we all have together (if she does get upset with us) but like I said Y and I are really close, and so I really don’t like keeping it from her.

HELP!
cleveranimal56
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous018)
So...
Me and this boy (let’s call him ‘X’) have been really close mates for about 4 years, (nothing more as friends). During this time he admitted to one of my other friends that he reckons he fell in love with me. That was about 2 years ago. I believe he knows I know, but we never discussed it.
Fast forward a year, a girl I never really spoke to before (let’s call her ‘Y’) and I became really close. I later found out she had a massive crush on X. Moving forward another year, she now likes somebody new, but jokes within our friendship group still arise about her liking X, to which she blushes and giggles. We believes she still likes him.
The issue is, X and I are still close mates & more recently he’s been making his feelings obvious to me once again.
I feel really awkward, because I know X likes me, and X knows Y likes him, but Y doesn’t know about X liking me. What the hell do I do?
Y knows we are very close, but would never believe it could be romantic, even though she knows about his admissions about 2 years ago. I think it would hurt her deeply if she knew, but I hate lying to her. I don’t know what to do for the best.... we all go to uni very soon, and I don’t want to ruin the last few weeks we all have together (if she does get upset with us) but like I said Y and I are really close, and so I really don’t like keeping it from her.

HELP!
You didn't mention at any point in this post that you liked boy "X"
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there.
You and the guy are not official. You just like each other. If you think you should tell the other girl about that, you can.
If she really likes the guy and is bold enough, she will not care about that and will go persue him.
After all, you and him are not official.
Anonymous018
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ackhnologia)
Hi there.
You and the guy are not official. You just like each other. If you think you should tell the other girl about that, you can.
If she really likes the guy and is bold enough, she will not care about that and will go persue him.
After all, you and him are not official.
Yes, very true! just feel awkward when she mentions something to do with him & im say feeling like I know something I shouldn’t, or something she should too😬
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous018)
Yes, very true! just feel awkward when she mentions something to do with him & im say feeling like I know something I shouldn’t, or something she should too😬
Did not get what you were trying to say but okay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (191)
43.81%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (34)
7.8%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.55%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.73%

Watched Threads