ibbi2003
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I really need some advice because I feel like the world is coming to an end for me.
I had my first set of Year 12 mocks in April and got my results back today. They were so so bad.
I got 18/56 in Physics, 20/61 in Chemistry and then 45/69 in Biology.
Lockdown has really took its toll and I dont know what to do I need to get my grades up by June as I have a second set of mocks which predict my grades!
I want to go to Med School too and these results have discouraged me so much I have 0 motivation what so ever.
Somebody please help, any advice is warmly welcomed because I genuinely just want to cry 24/7
wifd149
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Want a study buddy? You need to get on top of your materials asap, so how you use your time onwards is important here.

I’m a uni student but having someone to hold you accountable is great. We can make our master to-do lists and daily to-do lists, then see what we got from there. Chat and rant problems together seems fun; would make it all seem less lonely too.

I am struggling in doing and completing my work on time here too, and my exam starts on the 22nd (time zone differences) till 9th June. Not that you have to stay for long if you’re done.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ibbi2003)
I really need some advice because I feel like the world is coming to an end for me.
I had my first set of Year 12 mocks in April and got my results back today. They were so so bad.
Lockdown has really took its toll and I dont know what to do I need to get my grades up by June as I have a second set of mocks which predict my grades!
I want to go to Med School too and these results have discouraged me so much I have 0 motivation what so ever.
Somebody please help, any advice is warmly welcomed because I genuinely just want to cry 24/7
Have you had the papers back? Go through them and see where you lost marks. Traffic light topcs:
Green: I know these well - keep them ticking over
Amber: got some marks - start with these topics as you'll improve more rapidly
Red: little idea - see your teacher for extra help.
wifd149
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
1) Make a list of topics for each of your subjects —- then mark what you are not confident in, or don’t know well about, or don’t know at all.

2) Find helpful resources (textbook or online notes) to get the basics for each of them.

3) Your concern is to get on top of your materials first before you try past questions. But do use practice textbook questions after you’re done studying each topic & before attempting past year questions for it.

4) Time is key here. Use a timer each time you start. You can make a 24-hour diary to track yourself.

5) Focus on getting work done before you care about making a daily schedule or whatever wastes time. Studying the topics is top priority here.

This is how I pushed up my GCSE grades from Ds/Cs to As and Bs the last minute. Didn’t get any A*s but beggars can’t be choosers.

You’ve got about 3 weeks I think, so it’s not too late. Like getting up to 8 hours of daily work would get you done with a lot of things.
aniyah.haider
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
one of the main things you need to make sure you DONT do is waste your time, which includes taking long ass breaks on social media or getting super distracted by the little things. If you can, go through your papers and see what questions or topics you got wrong and try to focus more on them, but make sure to revise the other topics too.
Go through practice papers because they are your best friend, since the question style is similar to your mocks. Limit your time and try to make time to revise your answers after you solve them so you get more confident.
If you get super distracted, heres a tip: try to study with a friend or go on study sites where you have to open your camera, so it makes you more self conscious and therfore you spend less time doing other stuff. A good website would be: https://www.studystream.live/focus-room
Lastly, try to keep your head up and believe in yourself, because honestly you can only do your best and its become hard because of covid but you've got this and its only a little bit of time before its all over, better work hard now and have no regrets when you get those A*s!!
Goodluckk
ibbi2003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by wifd149)
Want a study buddy? You need to get on top of your materials asap, so how you use your time onwards is important here.

I’m a uni student but having someone to hold you accountable is great. We can make our master to-do lists and daily to-do lists, then see what we got from there. Chat and rant problems together seems fun; would make it all seem less lonely too.

I am struggling in doing and completing my work on time here too, and my exam starts on the 22nd (time zone differences) till 9th June. Not that you have to stay for long if you’re done.
Omg I would love that!! 100% pm me!!
ibbi2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by aniyah.haider)
one of the main things you need to make sure you DONT do is waste your time, which includes taking long ass breaks on social media or getting super distracted by the little things. If you can, go through your papers and see what questions or topics you got wrong and try to focus more on them, but make sure to revise the other topics too.
Go through practice papers because they are your best friend, since the question style is similar to your mocks. Limit your time and try to make time to revise your answers after you solve them so you get more confident.
If you get super distracted, heres a tip: try to study with a friend or go on study sites where you have to open your camera, so it makes you more self conscious and therfore you spend less time doing other stuff. A good website would be: https://www.studystream.live/focus-room
Lastly, try to keep your head up and believe in yourself, because honestly you can only do your best and its become hard because of covid but you've got this and its only a little bit of time before its all over, better work hard now and have no regrets when you get those A*s!!
Goodluckk
thank you so much!
ibbi2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Have you had the papers back? Go through them and see where you lost marks. Traffic light topcs:
Green: I know these well - keep them ticking over
Amber: got some marks - start with these topics as you'll improve more rapidly
Red: little idea - see your teacher for extra help.
Yeah I have them back but we arent allowed to keep them so once I flicked through I gave it back but our teachers are making spreadsheets to show what topics we need to work on Thank you!!
Civic EP3
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ibbi2003)
The world is not coming to an end just because of a mock exam , get yourself together. It is just an exam, not even a real one. Be grateful you even in as a position to do these exams
Last edited by Civic EP3; 2 weeks ago
ibbi2003
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Civic EP3)
The world is not coming to an end just because of a mock exam , get yourself together. It is just an exam, not even a real one. Be grateful you even in as a position to do these exams
These exams help predict my grades that go to my university so please do not belittle me. These exams are extremely important to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.17%
England (108)
33.64%
Belgium (27)
8.41%
Germany (38)
11.84%
Spain (6)
1.87%