The Student Room Group

If I fail first year what happens with tuition and maintenance loans?

I've had a very hard time this academic year, largly from being stuck inside alone for so long. I've been abke to get some modules done but others I will unlikely compleate.

I need to take a gap year and start over.

What happens with the loans, if I get a fail?

Will I still get loans for three years? I've read you get a gift year? Is maintenance included in that?
you can get full finance for the entire duration of your first degree plus the gift year. if you drop out/retake a year that's the gift year and then the rest of the finance will cover the completed degree

in your case you've already borrowed for year 1, you'll get finance to cover a redo of year 1, plus year 2 and 3. after that, you have to finance it yourself
Original post by HoldThisL
you can get full finance for the entire duration of your first degree plus the gift year. if you drop out/retake a year that's the gift year and then the rest of the finance will cover the completed degree

in your case you've already borrowed for year 1, you'll get finance to cover a redo of year 1, plus year 2 and 3. after that, you have to finance it yourself

Is maintenance included in that?
Anyone else know? It's almost impossible to find this information
Original post by Omgjustwork
Is maintenance included in that?

yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending