katoro18
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
3. Educators need to know Plaget's four stages of Cognitive Development because
educators need to let children develop at their own pace and know what stages the
children tend to go through at different ages. It will also help educators know if any of
the children is struggling and to see if it's usual for a child to struggle in a certain stage
despite that children usually develop different types of abilities in certain stages of
cognitive development. The first one is Sensorimotor Stage that starts at two years old
and some of the signs that children are at that stage is when children looking, grasping,
taste, can recall physical features of an object, start to focus on the world, imitate
other's behavior, and repeat actions to gain attention from others. The second stage
is Preoperational Stage and children start to denote events and objects by using
symbols, gestures, communication because their logical reasoning is not organized and
developed and learns to expect consequences for a certain action they do. The third
stage is Concrete Operational, and the child is around 7-11 years old at this stage. At
this stage, children's thoughts start to be flexible if things change, and discover what
changed their mind, they are also started to change how they think (has ability to see in
their mind how things looked before and after a change took place). The fourth stage
Is Formal Operational Stage, and this stage occurs at eleven years and older. Children
begin to think about their thoughts, thinks in abstract terms without needing concrete
objects to help them think and come up with their own ideas/theories.
I
Can you please make this shorter. Thanks
katoro18
Rep:
?
At least 4 -5 sentences
Last edited by katoro18; 5 months ago
katoro18
Rep:
?
Yeah if you can or you can make it slightly longer if needed just not as long as I made it. I tend to write a lot, so it needs to be cut a little.
katoro18
Rep:
?
Ok thanks so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (265)
57.73%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (61)
13.29%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (48)
10.46%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (40)
8.71%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
5.45%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
4.36%

Watched Threads