Does anybody else find Leeds a depressing city?

Watch
Scrax
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am just about to finish at Leeds. A few people are staying on and I could stay in my house share longer and find a job, my parents want me to as they don't want me back with them. The problem is apart from uni I don't like it here. Apart from a few areas I find it really grim tbh. There are nasty chavs everywhere, the local people are mostly working class and most of the city centre apart from the area around the town hall and the station is an utter eyesore. I really want to move to London tbh. I was sitting in the city centre yesterday and thought it was just total yuck and these two nasty local girls were sitting next to me making nasty disparaging comments about everyone walking past (look at her clothes, look at the state of him etc.). Does anyone agree with me? I just want to leave as soon as I finish.
Last edited by Scrax; 1 month ago
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you have such an aversion to the working class/ the poor?

You really aren't showing your best colours in this thread.
I've been to Leeds a couple of times, I agree that some of the architecture is visually unappealing, but it didn't seem like an awfully city either- definitely nicer than the likes of Northampton.
Last edited by glassalice; 1 month ago
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scrax)
these two nasty local girls were sitting next to me making nasty disparaging comments about everyone walking past (look at her clothes, look at the state of him etc.).
Isn't that how you are also acting? You should be pals? :confused:
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, Leeds is the height of sophistication.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads