The Student Room Group

Durham or Edinburgh for Anthropology

I'm deciding between these two for my insurance choice. I'm aware of the fact that Durham's course is Anthropology as a broad category, and that Edinburgh's is specifically Social Anthropology, but I'm still not sure which one to choose. Assuming that I'm comfortable with both courses, what are the pros and cons of each? Also, which one is better with regards to employability and graduate outcomes?
Reply 1
Original post by Aryan_T
I'm deciding between these two for my insurance choice. I'm aware of the fact that Durham's course is Anthropology as a broad category, and that Edinburgh's is specifically Social Anthropology, but I'm still not sure which one to choose. Assuming that I'm comfortable with both courses, what are the pros and cons of each? Also, which one is better with regards to employability and graduate outcomes?

What is the offer from each (and indeed from your firm)? Your insurance will only come in to play if you fail to reach conditions of your firm do you want it to be far enough below what they want (with hopefully small bit of wiggle room) to be a useful option for you.
Reply 2
Original post by AHKS
What is the offer from each (and indeed from your firm)? Your insurance will only come in to play if you fail to reach conditions of your firm do you want it to be far enough below what they want (with hopefully small bit of wiggle room) to be a useful option for you.

Both Durham and Edinburgh have given ABB offers. As for my firm, I haven't decided upon it yet, but I'm deciding between UCL and St Andrews (both of which have given AAB offers).
Reply 3
Original post by Aryan_T

Hi, I'm thinking of applying to both of these courses in 2022 so I was wondering which course you ended up firming in the end and why?
I'm less keen on biological anthropology, but if I were to study combined honours at Durham with Anthropology and Geography I would assume I would be allowed to pick more social anthropology modules but I'm not sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending