?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How can I have good study habits?
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Establish a schedule - a part of the day during which you only work. For example, you could start studying at 9:30am, stop at noon for an hour lunch break, and then study more from 1pm-4pm. Push yourself not to do anything unproductive during those hours. Obviously you’ll need to set your own hours rather than using those ones above - I don’t know whether you’ve already got scheduled time at school - if so, you could have a couple of hours every day after you get home from school that are set aside for study and study alone. This will not be easy at first but eventually it’ll become second nature.

Also physically separate your place of study from your places of rest and recreation. Have a desk or a study area where you sit upright and where the only thing you do is study. This will help you stay in the right headspace. It’s okay to take breaks or goof off sometimes, but when you do, leave your study area and come back to it only when you are going to study.

I also recommend that your recreation area, where you goof off, is separate from your bed - this will help you get a good night’s sleep

Good luck! You can do it, we’re all rooting for you!!
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 4 weeks ago
glitterslayer3
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Positive thinking is a good study skill.. since it helps students to stay active and optimistic, regardless the amount of tasks given.
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by trumplord63)
How can I have good study habits?
apart from the routine set up and basic general tips, I found it really good to have a hard working role model from any field

eg I love boxing

so I watch loads of floyd mayweather and his training camps and interviews to get myself in a mindset to push harder too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (104)
27.51%
England (127)
33.6%
Belgium (30)
7.94%
Germany (40)
10.58%
Spain (8)
2.12%