Going on holiday for a week during the second and third week of final year??

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I'm planning on going on holiday with some friends outside of my uni for a week from 5/10/21 - 13/10/21, Tuesday - Wednesday.

I'm thinking it's not too big of a deal because it's so early on in the semester and I am v good with catching up with work. But I'm planning on doing as much work as I can for those weeks in advance before the semester starts anyway.

I just want to know what other people think of the idea. I've just had a very **** year like the rest of us; Covid, 2 close family members passing and going through some tough times mentally, I feel like I deserve to treat myself a bit.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How will you cope if the country you're going to is added to the red list and you have to wait until a quarantine hotel space is available and then book in for 2 weeks?

Given how many people have been caught out by changes to travel rules and to transport it seems very silly to book a holiday during term time. Why can't you book it during the holidays when it wont disrupt your studies?

There's plenty of ways to treat yourself that don't include booking a holiday during term time during a pandemic.

I'd recommend that you speak to your tutor before you book to check whether this is permitted under the course regulations and if it is what help they can give you to manage the disruption.
Last edited by PQ; 4 weeks ago
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Our tutorials didn’t generally start until week 2-3 so you may be fine!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (117)
27.08%
England (154)
35.65%
Belgium (33)
7.64%
Germany (42)
9.72%
Spain (10)
2.31%