Historywannabe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thinking about applying to Oxford to study history and currently studying 4 a levels (history, English, french and theatre)

Thinking about dropping one to ensure enough time to do justice to the other three - do you think Oxford admissions would look unfavourably at 'History, English, Theatre studies'?

Thanks for any advice!
Bell0na
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Historywannabe)
Thinking about applying to Oxford to study history and currently studying 4 a levels (history, English, french and theatre)

Thinking about dropping one to ensure enough time to do justice to the other three - do you think Oxford admissions would look unfavourably at 'History, English, Theatre studies'?

Thanks for any advice!
Hi, I have an offer to study History and English at Oxford and my A Levels are History, English and Art. As long as your predicted grades are good in History and English, I don't think they'd look unfavourably upon a creative A Level. If you want you could try to incorporate something into your personal statement about how Theatre studies has helped your study of History but I really wouldn't worry too much!
Historywannabe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bell0na)
Hi, I have an offer to study History and English at Oxford and my A Levels are History, English and Art. As long as your predicted grades are good in History and English, I don't think they'd look unfavourably upon a creative A Level. If you want you could try to incorporate something into your personal statement about how Theatre studies has helped your study of History but I really wouldn't worry too much!
Thanks so much! That's really helpful xx
azby1098
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
which college? my friend does the same a levels amd also has a history & english offer!
azby1098
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
what college? my friend does the same A-Levels and has an offer for history & english too !
Bell0na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by azby1098)
what college? my friend does the same A-Levels and has an offer for history & english too !
That’s so cool! My place is at Wadham. Idk anyone else going as it’s such a small course so would be great to know what college your friend is going to!
Bell0na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Historywannabe)
Thanks so much! That's really helpful xx
You're welcome! If you have any more questions about history admissions I'm happy to answer
Last edited by Bell0na; 4 weeks ago
azby1098
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s so cool! My place is at Wadham. Idk anyone else going as it’s such a small course so would be great to know what college your friend is going to!
Regent’s Park! He, however, also originally applied to Wadham!
Historywannabe
Rep:
?
You're welcome! If you have any more questions about history admissions I'm happy to answer
Thank you!
Bell0na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by azby1098)
Regent’s Park! He, however, also originally applied to Wadham!
Oh wow, what a coincidence! Hope to see him there then!
Last edited by Bell0na; 4 weeks ago
username4218074
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
for oxford they'll mainly care about your GCSEs and HAT performance. Although i think for history gcses may matter less than other courses but Oxford certainly care a lot about gcses and cGCSEs
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Correct decision to do 3 A Levels instead of 4
Quality > Quantity when it comes to ALevel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (23)
31.08%
No (51)
68.92%

Watched Threads