citrineday
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey, i’m learning to drive and want to pass my test soon. i noticed on the gov website that one of cars that has been recalled and you need proof is safe if you use it is a vauxhall corsa D and i think this is my car. it says the vehicles affected are “ VINs with last 8 digits between E6071016 and E6118738, and E4181031 and E4308122“

if my corsa’s VIN is not one of these, do i still need to bring proof with me that it’s safe to drive? i’m guessing i do, so my next question is where to i get this proof from? as it says i need to show proof for my test? the website does not say where i can actually get this proof from and i have no idea where to look.

if anyone could answer these 2 questions for me that would be a great help thanks!

EDIT- my car is a vauxhall corsa club. is this the same as a corsa d or is it not in which case i don’t need to worry? i can’t find anything online...
Last edited by citrineday; 1 month ago
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Corsa d was only produced 2006 to 2014. If your plate doesn’t belong to those years then it’s not a Corsa d and you don’t need to do anything about it
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Corsa 'D' is basically the frame code, Club, Design etc is the trim level for seating, gadgets and such. So it could be a 2008 Corsa 'D' Club for example.

If it's a recall it will have a formal recall notice online, i'd print that out and bring that and my V5 with me demonstrating my car is not one of those listed, that seems pretty conclusive (Your VIN is normally stamped on the car as well, the bottom of the windshield or a panel under the bonnet)
TheDE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can input your numberplate here;

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

If your vehicle has no open recalls listed then it has either been registered as fixed or it is not in the applicable VIN range. This link can be used as proof.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (196)
43.85%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.83%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (94)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.59%

Watched Threads