I’m sick of being seen as awkward & quiet

Watch
RealLifeJoker
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im not sure how many people could relate to me on this but do you get sick and tired when people you interacted with especially the gender you’re attracted to always pointing you out for being awkward and quiet like you’ve committed a crime or you’re like some plague? The chances a small majority don’t pointed it out intent to hurt people like myself but the guilt and the shame still thrives inside of us.

I get told I should “talk more” as if that would make any difference because in a certain extent talking exposes actually exposes your awkwardness even more when it comes to stuttering, missing social cues, running out of things to say etc. Also based on passed experiences every time I open my mouth I either get told to shut, get talked over or get mocked by the way I speak.

There’s a stigma towards young men on not only the way they should look but the way they just behave as if you’re awkward then you’re automatically seen as some creep, but if it’s girl she’d get seen as cute. For all you sceptics that feel uncomfortable and uneasy around awkward people, I don’t blame you but you need realise that’s just small fraction of we got through during unfamiliar and new situations, it doesn’t define us how worthy we are as people.
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can relate, and no I don't get sick and tired if people wish to have a bad opinion of me because of it then that's up to them I won't have anything to do with them, the few people that take the time to get to know me know I am worth the wait. As I get more famaliar with people (usually on 1 vs 1 or 2vs1 basis rather than a large group), I open up and then the conversation is more flowing, but it's does take a whilst to get to that stage.
kolme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by RealLifeJoker)
but if it’s girl she’d get seen as cute.
Only if she's at least moderately good looking

t. ugly girl that's completely ****ing socially clueless
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads