The Student Room Group

occidental

Hi i am a actor, i want to go to a college in California so it will be easier to live and start an acting career there, i fell in love with occidental college, the issue is its a smaller school, so it might be harder to get jobs if i go there rather than more well known colleges. I did get into some higher class colleges like Berkely and chapman, i love occidental because of the small size, you can see people from your economics class in the courtyard, and i love that. Any suggestion what to do? Occidental college or a more known one??
listen to your gut
Never heard of "Chapman", based on a cursory google search it doesn't seem that notable. Note that Berkeley is in NorCal, and so nowhere near LA, which is the relevant area for acting work if that is your aim. Otherwise just go wherever you like best ideally. That said, Berkeley is in a different class to the others.

However practically, if you aren't a US citizen and/or rich, your choice will probably be largely determined by the financial aid packages you are offered (if any), because college in the US is incredibly expensive and if you are an international student you can't get federal loans. So this will probably be the major factor to consider.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending