The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Official PG Student Rep Thread

Hi everyone!

Welcome to our new PG Student Rep Thread! Ask a Manchester Met student!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have about life and study at Manchester Met!

Happy posting!
(edited 2 years ago)
hELLO

I have seen you are a PhD student and i just wanted to know what the support is like from tutors while doing your PhD? I have done my masters but i am worried about PhD study. Or even if you could let me know how you are finding doing your PhD. I cant find information to help me
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous
hELLO

I have seen you are a PhD student and i just wanted to know what the support is like from tutors while doing your PhD? I have done my masters but i am worried about PhD study. Or even if you could let me know how you are finding doing your PhD. I cant find information to help me

Hiya,

The tutor support is amazing, my supervisor is there when I need them and they reply to messages very quickly, which has been nice, especially during the pandemic! We have monthly lab meetings which is quite nice to see if anyone needs any help or advice as well. There is no need to worry, doing a PhD is developing further in a field that you really love, there is no doing things that you dont like so the overall course is more tailored to you and if you would like to do or research something then you can. You might even find new angles.

My PhD I am loving, its been hard not having access to labs during covid but I have managed to get lots of writing done which is helping me now that I am back in lab busy with experiements.

What subject area are you looking into?

Any questions you have I will be happy to answer!

Best wishes

Nicole :smile:
Hi everyone!

We have this thread for you to ask any questions you may have about postgraduate life and studying at Manchester Met!

Feel free to ask any questions you might have :smile:
Hi!

I have recently applied to MMU for MSc in Animal Behaviour programme. I wanted ask about how is MMU for PG studies? How is animal behaviour course provided by mmu, because I have heard mixed views about it from people. How is the teaching staff? Also do they provide career support to students?

Thank you so much!
Hi!

I have recently applied to MMU for MSc in Animal Behaviour programme. I wanted ask about how is MMU for PG studies? How is animal behaviour course provided by mmu, because I have heard mixed views about it from people. How is the teaching staff? Also do they provide career support to students?

Thank you so much!

Hi!!

Thank you for your question. I don't actually study Animal Behaviour but i thought i could help with my experience of MMU at least.

I would recommend Man Met for postgraduate studies as the tutors are so enthusiastic about what they teach which creates a great seminar environment that is really conducive to having some really interesting discussions. There is a wealth of support out there, you just have to be proactive in accessing it. I would really recommend utilising tutor’s office hours as they can provide great advice on your assignments. The student hub were also fantastic with a couple of finance queries I had, and the career service are a really support service that have given me endless support throughout my time at university, through editing my CV and using the interview simulator.

I hope some of this helps. If you have any other questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Ced :smile:
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
Hi!!

Thank you for your question. I don't actually study Animal Behaviour but i thought i could help with my experience of MMU at least.

I would recommend Man Met for postgraduate studies as the tutors are so enthusiastic about what they teach which creates a great seminar environment that is really conducive to having some really interesting discussions. There is a wealth of support out there, you just have to be proactive in accessing it. I would really recommend utilising tutor’s office hours as they can provide great advice on your assignments. The student hub were also fantastic with a couple of finance queries I had, and the career service are a really support service that have given me endless support throughout my time at university, through editing my CV and using the interview simulator.

I hope some of this helps. If you have any other questions let me know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Ced :smile:

Thank you so much for your help! It really was greatly appreciated! I have only just applied to MMU, let's see what happens!! Again thanks a lot!
Thank you so much for your help! It really was greatly appreciated! I have only just applied to MMU, let's see what happens!! Again thanks a lot!

Your welcome! Hope you have a successful application! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest