The Student Room Group

Girlfriend never lets me tune out

What do I do? I have to always be in a state to respond to everything she says, and it's 24/7. I can never tune out. If I put headphones on, I have to take them off when she's talking to me. And she's always talking to me. If I don't reply or don't hear, then it annoys her. Apparently I have to explicitly say I'm tuning out otherwise in her eyes I'm constantly open to conversation. I love her, and when I'm in the mood to talk she's great, but this is just tiring. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What do I do? I have to always be in a state to respond to everything she says, and it's 24/7. I can never tune out. If I put headphones on, I have to take them off when she's talking to me. And she's always talking to me. If I don't reply or don't hear, then it annoys her. Apparently I have to explicitly say I'm tuning out otherwise in her eyes I'm constantly open to conversation. I love her, and when I'm in the mood to talk she's great, but this is just tiring. Any advice?

just be explicitly clear when you dont feel like talking or you have other stuff to be doing...you basically answered you own question.
Some ppl are just super talkative
It’s not unreasonable of her to expect you to pay attention when she’s talking to you. But if it gets too much, just ask to have some time to yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending