Going into second year like a fresher

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
struggling with the thought of going back to uni next year. my first year has gone pretty badly, stayed at home for the most part and have nobody to look forward seeing/meeting up with. feel like i’ll be alone next year whilst everyone has a group of friends already. anyone feel the same?
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
second year will pan out like freshers' should've - societies and departments will be looping everyone in on the social activities because everyone's missed out - don't worry
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
struggling with the thought of going back to uni next year. my first year has gone pretty badly, stayed at home for the most part and have nobody to look forward seeing/meeting up with. feel like i’ll be alone next year whilst everyone has a group of friends already. anyone feel the same?
Hi!

I feel like everyone is in the same boat at the moment, so don't feel like you're alone.
Fingers crossed everything will be back to normality come September. The best advice is to join a society. This is the best way to meet new people outside of your course and where you will be living. Societies hold social events for people to get to know one another and form friendships.
I'm sure there will be additional events for the freshers who missed out last time, so you get to have a do-over in September.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with the thought of going back to university next year. It's completely understandable to be feeling this way, especially with the COVID-19 situation, I can imagine in first year it was quite difficult to make friends. Saying this, there is probably so many other people feeling the same way as you, so please don't feel alone. Have you thought about joining any societies or clubs? These are really good ways to make friends and also allow you to spend time doing something that you enjoy. Did you do any group projects in first year and get on well with anyone? If so it may be a good idea, just to ask to go for a coffee or tea somewhere with them, I know it can seem really daunting, however you'll be absolutely fine!

Becca (2nd Year Psychology Student)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads