Living in student halls or renting an apartment

Watch
as2021
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm starting university in September in Kent, Canterbury. I'm not sure whether or not, I should live in accommodation or rent an apartment because I feel it's more cheaper for an apartment. (Also, this is my first time in Kent and my first time renting my own apartment, is there anything I should before renting.) Is living in student halls that great because I feel like I'm paying a lot for a small room and a shared kitchen, chance of sharing a room and toilet. And if I don't like my flat mates, that would make my uni experience crappy. I am Muslim and introverted and don't like loud flat mates and chances of alcohol around and coming home late and drunk causing loud noises. Also, dirty kitchens and mess. Btw, sorry for long paragraph. Thanks.
Jingbah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by as2021)
I'm starting university in September in Kent, Canterbury. I'm not sure whether or not, I should live in accommodation or rent an apartment because I feel it's more cheaper for an apartment. (Also, this is my first time in Kent and my first time renting my own apartment, is there anything I should before renting.) Is living in student halls that great because I feel like I'm paying a lot for a small room and a shared kitchen, chance of sharing a room and toilet. And if I don't like my flat mates, that would make my uni experience crappy. I am Muslim and introverted and don't like loud flat mates and chances of alcohol around and coming home late and drunk causing loud noises. Also, dirty kitchens and mess. Btw, sorry for long paragraph. Thanks.
I am wondering about the same thing but I am going University of Liverpool. Private accomplishment seems so much nicer and cheaper
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It sounds like you will be much happier renting your own 1 bedroom apartment or studio.

I don't miss the days of sharing a bathroom, fridge and kitchen with housemates & their pets.
During my undergrad days, I couldn't afford to live in London student only accomodation and used rent a room in private houseshares.
Ayo.f1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
wondering the same thing aswell but im going to swansea university. Similar to the OP, im introverted and like going out/ drinking etc. Whats so good outside of those thing i mentioned(for some people atleast) about student halls for anyone with experience?
isnt it better for people like me and the OP to go for cheaper yet better rooms in apartments where available?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (67)
30.45%
No (153)
69.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed